• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is it that pulls us into muzzle loading!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Met another shooter at the range. Turned out to be a "brother from another mother". We were both big into center fire. Got to thinking it would be fun to play with muzzleloaders. Picked up a couple DIRT CHEAP, one for him and one for me., Kinda fun and not too expensive.
One range day, another shooter shows up with a new "flintlock fowler build". Turns out he's one of the shooters that helped us out when we first hit the range with our muzzleloaders. Learned a lot from him.
Got to swing his new fowler. :D:D What a beautiful piece. Didn't take long till I was after a kit. Found a seller here a few years back. Got a flintlock fowler kit and started the build. Ended up burning myself out with too many things to do all at once.
Needed a builder, found one and shipped the partial build off and let him do his thing. Kept sending him $$$$ till he hollered UNCLE!!
Got the Flintlock Fowler beck. BEAUTIFUL workmanship!! :cool::cool:
He had more patience than I did at the time. Figured I'd never shoot it so I found someone that wanted it and sold it to him.
Been too long since I've been to the range. Got muzzleloaders that havn't been fired in a VERY long time. Most only a few times since new. No use keeping them if there's someone out there that would enjoy them. Did post a few FOR SALE but not too many folks wanting to part with their $$$.

I started in the late 1950's with toy, cork shooting muzzle loaders, and never grew out of it. LOL
Yup! Same time slot and path. Started out shooting rubber bands, corks, plastic pellets, water pistols, BB guns. All those those things that would poke out your eye or set you up to be the next serial killer. Instead, ended up as an old man making smoke 'n noise punching paper. Maybe I still have time to grow up to be a cowboy or mountain man.

Ed: Did you own one or more of the Parris Manufacturing wood and metal toy muskets that shot cork balls and used greenie-stick'm caps ?

Ed: Did you own one or more of the Parris Manufacturing wood and metal toy muskets that shot cork balls and used greenie-stick'm caps ?
That gun was kindergarden years. It was wood and metal and I did have caps What makes it memorable is that my cousin put his finger in the barrel and I pulled the trigger. The metal plunger that is supposed to launch the cork hit his finger and split it pretty bad. "Why did you do that?" Typical kid answer and still holds today--"I don't know why" But in a lifetime of retrospect, he deserved to be shot. I don't remember the style of that gun.

Back