• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what holster fits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

east texas

45 Cal.
Reaction score
would like to find a right side x draw holster for my new rem 5 1/2 bbl but have searched all the usual places and only see them for the 8 inch bbl i guess i could cut one down but have heard the colt saa holster will fit dont want to spend 100 bnucks just need something sufficent to carry it any info or ideas? :hmm:

If you don't mind a bit of experimenting and a touch of leather work, check out Tandy. They have a holster that fits a 5 1/2" barreled Reminton. it's a real basic kit- a 5 year old can put it together. I know I got one for mine. Mine is attached to a cartridge belt, but the belt loop/hanger you attach. It would be a simple matter to angle the piece of leather to make it a front crossdraw. I bought my kit about a year ago and it cost 50buck. the Leather is natural so you can either dye it any color you wish, and even do some tooling on it for just a few bucks more. They even have some nice conchos that can be placed on th4e holster and belt. I put on the cast coins- dollar, 1/2 dollar, and buffalo nickels they cost me about $15. I dyed the leather a nice red, so the conchos stick out real nice. I left mine plain no tooling. I would do it again. I think total cost was about 75 bucks.

Suggest you check out Oklahoma Leather Products for inexpensive crossdraw and regular holsters

I have a 5 1/2" Uberti Remington but have never put it in a holster. Other Remington's tried in various single action cartridge type holsters generally did not work due to the loading lever preventing the gun going all the way down in the holster.

Never had either of the crossdraw holsters shown on the Oklahoma Leather Products website.

The Oklahoma Leather holsters I had were fairly thin leather like many old original holsters. Their holsters might need the stitching reinforced for continuous field use. You could probably hand stitch in some more thread over/into the existing thread/holes. Artificial sinew might look good.

You might try contacting Oklahoma Leather for more information on crossdraw fit issues: http://www.oklahomaleatherproducts.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back