• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What happened to ebay ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EBAY was great, 20 years ago.
I watched a TC hawken flintlock stock sell for $530. Seems awfully high to me. Anybody know why it went so high, it is something special? I paid $350 for 1 last year in very good shape, probably a 70's vintage from what
Some thing's are worth $ to collector's but a lot of time's you have the one's that feel their item is the Holy Grail. They have some good deal's too but they either get sold as an auction or get sold very quick. From my experience anyway.

Ebay sucks for selling though

I listed something for the first time in probably 5 years just because I was bored and trying to get rid of some scopes.

Ebay has been "holding" my money for 2 weeks now because the buyer is too dumb to figure out how a red dot works and now apparently feels I "burned" him for a 50 buck red dot but I guess now he's not sure . So this idiot possesses my optic and Ebay possesses my money

I'm honestly regretting even listing the thing now , I should have just left it in my "random stuff drawer" where it had been

Ebay sucks for selling though

I listed something for the first time in probably 5 years just because I was bored and trying to get rid of some scopes.

Ebay has been "holding" my money for 2 weeks now because the buyer is too dumb to figure out how a red dot works and now apparently feels I "burned" him for a 50 buck red dot but I guess now he's not sure . So this idiot possesses my optic and Ebay possesses my money

I'm honestly regretting even listing the thing now , I should have just left it in my "random stuff drawer" where it had been
Never sell any electronics on ebay and I mean never! Electronic parts, computers or any kind, etc! There is so much scamming it is unbelievable! If the buyer files a claim against the product, ebay will always side with the buyer and the seller gets screwed. I've seen it happen to quite a number of folks that I know, including myself!!

Never sell any electronics on ebay and I mean never! Electronic parts, computers or any kind, etc! There is so much scamming it is unbelievable! If the buyer files a claim against the product, ebay will always side with the buyer and the seller gets screwed. I've seen it happen to quite a number of folks that I know, including myself!!
The last item I sold was a set of gun grips, the buyer filed a claim and ended up keeping the grips and getting refunded

If you're a "non professional " Ebayer you're going to get screwed

The last item I sold was a set of gun grips, the buyer filed a claim and ended up keeping the grips and getting refunded

If you're a "non professional " Ebayer you're going to get screwed

Seen this happen. A dishonest buyer that has a CC backed PP can be a real problem. They can file a dispute with the CC company and not Ebay or PP. A CC dispute gives seller a very limited time to respond. It also lets the CC make the final decision.

Prices on Ebay are just like I toss darts......all over the board. I have found some bargains on ebay, some even on GunBroker, but those are extremely rare and go fast when found.

The two things both sites offer...a wide search net across the nation for obscure items. Almost all are over-priced, but when you can't find it anywhere else, they have you by the short and curly.

For example...I just picked up from GB a complete T/C 54 cal White Mountain carbine that had been demilled by sawing off the breech for $160..I say complete...... Lock, trigger, tang Stock, Hardware, Ramrod and the demilled barrel (now 18") with stock sights and underrib. One hell of a deal. Yet complete WMC 54 or 50 cal stock on Ebay, with lock and trigger are listed for over $350..go figure.

It pays to frequent and shop.
WHY would anybody cut the breech off of a muzzle-loader?! Damn stupid liberals....

WHY would anybody cut the breech off of a muzzle-loader?! Damn stupid liberals....
A company in Maine that sells demilled firearms for parts. They get them from liberal city police departments to demill them then sell the parts for profit. Check out their list of customers, you will likely find some of your cities on there.

Called GunBusters of New England

https://www.gunbustersusa.com/
https://www.cpcanet.org/2020-cpca-virtual-exhibit-center/exhibitors/gunbusters-of-new-england-llc/
1672791531979.png

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=3728469
Don't look at the above link...some of what they destroyed will make you cry. I have seen 03 Springfields, M-1 Garand, M-1 Carbines and once a high end Spanish Double Express gun in 9.3 x 62

Last edited:
A number of museums both here and in Europe had/have a practice of cutting thru the breech area to render display specimens safe/worthless. Had a nice 1849 Jagerstutzen that was inexplicably vandalized this way and learned of the practice. An then there's certain police departments who chop up stuff like mint, cased , Borchardt pistols then plead for funds.

Last edited:
A company in Maine that sells demilled firearms for parts. They get them from liberal city police departments to demill them then sell the parts for profit. Check out their list of customers, you will likely find some of your cities on there.

Called GunBusters of New England

https://www.gunbustersusa.com/
https://www.cpcanet.org/2020-cpca-virtual-exhibit-center/exhibitors/gunbusters-of-new-england-llc/
View attachment 187308

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=3728469
Don't look at the above link...some of what they destroyed will make you cry. I have seen 03 Springfields, M-1 Garand, M-1 Carbines and once a high end Spanish Double Express gun in 9.3 x 62

This practice is better than some we dealt with in Calif. On one hand whole, very rare and expensive guns are loaded into a scrap car and the whole thing fed into a giant shredder. On the other some CA depts hire a local welding shop with a plasma cutter to chop whole guns up. They only quit when i was watching and suggested they could avoid both fires and mini explosions ( springs) by removing stocks/grips and internals. I was paid in parts i took off. Some of these were made into statues for a famous CA Bailbondmans office.

Y'know, it amazes me how such stupid people somehow managed to stay alive long enough to implement atrocities like this. Some day, and that day is coming soon, they will all wish that they had a few of the guns that they destroyed. I hope that when the mobs come, they all live long enough to see their families put to the sword.

Yeah, I'm a little grouchy this morning.

Their format changes periodically, and its annoying every single time.

And yes, some of the prices on items are redonkerous. If it's a buy it now item and I'm needing it, I always at least send the seller a message with a reasonable offer. Worst they can do is say no.

I have found deals on brand new locks, and other various obsolete/NLA items. Wringing every term/word/combo out into that search box sometimes helps the deals show up more often.

Y'know, it amazes me how such stupid people somehow managed to stay alive long enough to implement atrocities like this. Some day, and that day is coming soon, they will all wish that they had a few of the guns that they destroyed. I hope that when the mobs come, they all live long enough to see their families put to the sword.

Yeah, I'm a little grouchy this morning.
You might be grouchy this morning.....but you just something most people don't want to hear....it's called the "TRUTH". You friend are correct.

Was on ebay and the whole format was different. If I wanted to look at an item for sale it took forever to let me see the pic's and I had a hard time trying to scroll down or up. Is it just my computer or is this the new ebay ? Also would like an opinion on ML parts on ebay, are they overpriced ? Thanks All
If you're using your Smart Phone, many sites are different than on a computer; more condensed.

Walt

Back