• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What does this nipple fit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LME

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I was going through some of my leftover parts I used when working on M.L. guns. I found a nipple and have no idea what type of rifle it fits? The threads are the same as my Ithaka Hawkin but it is shorter? It miked .544 from base to top ? I found it in some of my T.C. parts and it may be for a T.C. gun. I don't know?

You asked basically the same question in the same forum (general muzzleloading) twice within 7 minutes of each other. It would have been less confusing and easier for us to help if you had posted only once.

It matched the nipple, Thanks!
Good.
Now in exchange for me doing your research for you, do me a favor?
Throw the nipple away.
It does no good being included with T.C. parts nor does it seem that you have much interest in your Ithaca cap lock.

My point of experience with cap lock rifles is that the nipple IS an important component needed when accuracy is the bottom line. The modest cost of and relative rapid wear of a nipple in use is always an issue.
Just toss the damn thing, or take the old nipple out of your Ithaca and put the new one in and toss the old one,,

Good.
Now in exchange for me doing your research for you, do me a favor?
Throw the nipple away.
It does no good being included with T.C. parts nor does it seem that you have much interest in your Ithaca cap lock.

My point of experience with cap lock rifles is that the nipple IS an important component needed when accuracy is the bottom line. The modest cost of and relative rapid wear of a nipple in use is always an issue.
Just toss the damn thing, or take the old nipple out of your Ithaca and put the new one in and toss the old one,,
I agree with you. I will dispose of the nipple. The reason I inquired is I am courious by nature and can't help it? I thought I would out grow my inquisitive nature but alas I was wrong? I am now trying to figure out which/whos gun I was working on? LOL!

Back