Quantcast

What do I have here? Pedersoli gun but what ?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

jime444

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Nice. Last weekend, my .50 cal Tryon shot a nice 10 shot group at .50 yards, about 2 in ctc. The 10th shot, made it that big. 9 shots into about 1.3 inches ctc. 82 gr. 2fg, .495 rb, .015 patch, cleaning between shots using their std. open sights. That’s just about as good as I can see anymore with irons. They are nice, heavy well built rifles. In my opinion and others, the premier production ML made today. Excellent barrels. They win lots of medals in international competitions.

fastburn

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Pedersoli Brown Bess Kit several yrs. ago when Dixie had a sale on them; $650. plus shpg. I did a nice finish job on the stock, just needed some sanding and wood removed here and there, plus some brass finishing. Came out real nice, and I love it!
if i might ask what did you do to the brass side plate to make it that color

Reaction score
I see only on Tryon model on the Pedersoli site now. There used to be two. One called the target rifle as I recall, which you have, and a second version, which may have been called the delux model with German silver fittings and bright finished lock. I have the latter model. It is exceptionally nice. You have an excellent rifle.

rmark

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an addiction to these, with two in .50 and one .451 Creedmoor.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
The two (2) rifles Pedersoli makes with "sex" appeal are the Tryon and Mortimer.

BAArcher

32 Cal
Reaction score
Ive got way too many hobbies to get into this black powder game, can anyone tell me what this rifle is worth? It may end up in the classifieds soon.

ohio ramrod

75 Cal.
Reaction score
You should give a BIG thank you to whoever gave you such a nice rifle! The only rifles I was ever given needed a lot of cleaning up and repairs.And were never of the quality of yours to begin with.

Boomerang

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I see only on Tryon model on the Pedersoli site now. There used to be two. One called the target rifle as I recall, which you have, and a second version, which may have been called the delux model with German silver fittings and bright finished lock. I have the latter model. It is exceptionally nice. You have an excellent rifle.
I see 4 versions?

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
"I would add the "Rocky Mountain Hawken" to that list."

I have one, the stock has too much drop for me and it should come with a "Radio Flyer" wagon to haul it around, it's to heavy.