Quantcast

What do I have here? Pedersoli gun but what ?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Musketeer

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Sorry, misspelled, that should be Tryon. Fucili Tryon

Good gun?
I don't have one, I just recognized it and the name popped into my mind. I'd assume they're good. Pedersoli puts out a flop every now and again, but their quality is generally very good. The gun in my avatar is a Pedersoli Brown Bess musket, and I love it. Zero problems and very nicely made.

Musketeer

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Can you check the date code? It's the little rectangle with two letters in it just to the right of the CAL. 50 marking in your first pic. I can't quite make it out.

springfield art

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought a Pedersoli Brown Bess Kit several yrs. ago when Dixie had a sale on them; $650. plus shpg. I did a nice finish job on the stock, just needed some sanding and wood removed here and there, plus some brass finishing. Came out real nice, and I love it!

Grimord

Fyrstyk
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of the deluxe Tryons with extra fancy walnut stock and German silver inlays. I put a mid range Pedersoli tang vernier sight and a Lyman globe front site in mine. Very accurate, but i must use a .500 ball and .015 patch in this .50 caliber gun in order to ring out the best accuracy. These rifles usually command a high price on re-sale market if not abused.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I have one of the Deluxe Tryons' as well, very nice rifle. Mine is set up as Gimord's except mine has the Pedersoli globe front sight.

I bought mine in 1983 for $505

I have been using .490s in mine. At a shoot recently I found a guy who had .495 and .498 molds in his mold box. He was kind enough to loan me them and will be casting up some of each.

Latest posts