• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do I have here? .410 smoothie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frontier's

Buckskins & Black Powder
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Took her all down and applied a heavy coat of linseed oil and let it soak up good before wiping off the excess and putting the stock into my heat box for a couple hours to help speed up the dry time. Shes purdy!

Without any markings I have no clue what I have. Everything works. The tumbler however does not have a safety notch. No lock markings, nothing on the barrel, nothing in the stock.

The palm swell is amazing and feels great in the hand.

I’ve no idea but I like it... the pistol grip looks made to fit small hands and the nipple is interesting to. Very nice little shotgun!

Here is mine.
DSCN0046.JPG

Suspicious of that breach as well, combined with lack of a ramrod. Would love to see pictures of the top of the breach. Also of the muzzle and the end of the forestock.
The lock plate and side plate look oddly long. Very curious about this gun. Hopefully someone comes along with some more definitive answers.
I think the way the trigger guard steel travels back and inlets into the pistol grip all the way through the curve is nice.

Does a cap fit directly on what looks like a huge nipple (maybe perspective off with nothing to compare against) or is the inside of that home threaded?

Any provision for a loading/wiping rod? Indication that thimbles were once soldered to the barrel, hole in the end of the forestock? I am aware some late fowling guns had separate rods with no provision for the gun holding them, but I thought it was a British or Euro trend.

Could potentially be a pretty cool squirrel and rabbit gun.

There is a ramrod hole drilled. Either the pipes fell off at some point or they were never put on. A musket cap ALMOST fits the nipple shaft.

I have seen a couple very similar guns around that were being called monkey or parrot guns, supposedly used in the feather trade. I would say @Troyfairweather is on the right path, judging from the back action lock and the carved grips. No definitive answer here, but i would explore the monkey/parrot gun rabbit hole.

Back