• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wesson Style Boxlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert reed

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have not had much luck finding information on boxlocks by contemporary builders. I am interested in getting one built. Any info and pics would be appreciated.
Thanks

Wow!!! thanks for that info..I too will keep searching. I'm leaning towards buying a parts kit form Pecatonica Longrifles and building my own Allen box lock.

Try RJ Renner he made the one I have, though he doesn t show one on his site.He is the original maker of the Faeton Underhammers and offers a few
underhammer models.

Go to his sight and go to the Archived models page and you will see the rifle I have.

imagejpg1_zps44a565c3.jpg

My rifle has French walnut stocks,case colored action and a 62cal half/oct barrel with Forsyth Rifling
imagejpg2_zps815257f4.jpg

I've built several rifles with Pete Allan actions. They are nice actions and have good triggers. In my opinion they look best with an octagon barrel 1 1/8 inch at the breech.

I have had to bend the hammer on a couple to better strike the nipple but other than that have had no problems.

SC45-70

I had a friend who had quite a selection of M/L's and his Wesson was one of my favorites, I always have wanted one, but never have run into one for sale.

The one TOW is not in my price range, nice but too much money for my budget.

Back