• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Went to the range today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So today I went to the range and made my mind up I was gonna ecspiriment with wads and powder and I think I’m ready to go and hunt with this pattern.the load I’m going with is 40 gn’s Of 2f , 1 op card lubed paper shot cup 3 wraps of newspaper , 60 gr’s eq 71/2 shot and a home made over shot card.The tin can was the deciding factor ,it also shot really good with a homemade felt wad 1/8” thick from an old cowboy hat.hope the pictures turn still new at that .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    690.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 0
Not just pictures @WALT53. We need details such as gauge, distance to the target and any choking along with barrel length. Your quantities of powder and shot make me speculate that your gun is 24 gauge.
So the gun is a trade gun by JB ,it has a 36” barrel L&R lock and trigger, a white lightning TH liner with a maple stock and all iron crept the ramrod pipes and is cylinder bore and light.so I’m in my little shed we well see how the pictures turn out ,good I hope.This patterning has been quite a process for me so I’m very pleased with progress so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
So the gun is a trade gun by JB ,it has a 36” barrel L&R lock and trigger, a white lightning TH liner with a maple stock and all iron crept the ramrod pipes and is cylinder bore and light.so I’m in my little shed we well see how the pictures turn out ,good I hope.This patterning has been quite a process for me so I’m very pleased with progress so far.
Opps I almost forgot it’s a 28 gauge👍.

Looks good Walt. Go get'm 😁
Thanks Nathan it’s starting to come together.
Many did. You can see some that bounced off, and one that stuck in the side of the can.
No sir none stuck in the can some bounced off the sides of the can but the ones that hit close to dead on went threw one side of the bean can.I also noted that if I put a OS card in before the nitro or felt cards she didn’t like that either ,go figure

Latest posts

Back