• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I may be onto something here!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience with this is like many others. The coin sleeve turns into a slug. What I am using now with great success is condiment cups like for ketchup at fast food places, but the larger size.i cut off the rolled edge and stuff it in the barrel with a rounded dowel then pour down the shot. The waxed paper holds its form out of the barrel but falls away leaving a good pattern- so far….

The coin sleeves sound like an idea worth trying, even if they have been tried before. There is “reinventing the wheel,” and then there is first- hand experience.

I would like to see a good write-up of this loading system after trying it out on a pattern board at different ranges. This might be the best way to show exactly where your shots are hitting, too. Modern SxS doubles can be way off in their regulation.

Notchy Bob

I don’t use the coin rollers for shot cups but I do use them for pre measured loads of shot. Fold and glue one end, add the measured shot and fold and glue the other end. Throw them in the bag and when loading bite the end off and pour the shot down the barrel. Toss the empty wrapper on the ground. It’ll breakdown. I tried to use the empty wrapper as an over shot card wad but it does severely effect patterns.

You are supposed to take the dimes out of the paper before loading!🤣🤣🤣

I remember the movie Lord Jim (Joseph Conrad book, starring Peter O'Toole, Jack Hawkins et al) and the scene where he loaded up an old ML Cannon with Coins, and "let her rip" when the villian (Hawkins) and his evil crew walked into a Temple expecting pillage and plunder.
I enjoy such subliminal memory moments triggered by someone elses comment......thank you.

I don’t use the coin rollers for shot cups but I do use them for pre measured loads of shot. Fold and glue one end, add the measured shot and fold and glue the other end. Throw them in the bag and when loading bite the end off and pour the shot down the barrel. Toss the empty wrapper on the ground. It’ll breakdown. I tried to use the empty wrapper as an over shot card wad but it does severely effect patterns.

"Throw them in the bag and when loading bite the end off and pour the shot down the barrel."

Shame on you sir, thats how the Indian mutiny triggered off !

Latest posts

Back