• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well, I can check that T/C BP rifle off my list now...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwolf

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Been away from BP for awhile while getting into other shooting endeavors. But I am back. Was at my LGS today picking up a new T/C Contender and while waiting decided to check out the BP guns. To my surprise, I saw a T/C Hawken Silver Elite on the rack in mint condition. Looks like it has never been shot, but of course cannot deny that it may have been used one or twice. I am not exaggerating that it looks brand new. Very nice wood.

Now I know that T/C BP rifles are not everyone's cup of tea, but owning one these has been on my list for a longtime so I decided that this was my time and I bought it!

I am not sure that I will ever shoot it too much, but it is just so pretty to my eyes!

Any of you have one and would care to share a picture or story about it?

My rifle isn't a T/C, but do we get pictures of yours? Take it out to the range and work up an accurate load... See if the bug doesn't catch you again ;). There's just something about that BOOM and cloud of smoke....

-GB

I took a few last night with my phone, still need to take better ones at some point:

20150310_194052.jpg

20150310_194119.jpg

looks almost identical to my T/C Cougar except for 2 features:
The Cougar has a round, cougar medallion in the stock.
My barrel is blued.
Otherwise they share a nicely grained stock and bare metal, silverish colored lock and metal parts.
It may not be representative a genuine Hawken rifles, but they are attractive.
mcZGlc.jpg

Ron

Well, I love my TC's and that one is hot! Wish it were mine. I've never seen that model. Make good smoke!

"It may not be representative a genuine Hawken rifles, but they are attractive."

Close enough for this traditionalist. They are good looking rifles, both of them......keep yer powder dry boys and make smoke!

I HAVE A SILVER ELITE AND I HAVE PUT OVER 2,000 ROUNDS OF 490 PATCHED ROUND BALLS THROUGH IT.
It shoots round balls like it has a slow twist.
Twist is 1-48. I just sold the cougar I had to a friend of mine. He did well. The elite cleans up easy with the SS Barrel.

That stainless rifle looks very nice! I have a regular TC Hawken. I wouldn't trade it for anything. :thumbsup:

Back