• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Weird surprises

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody Morgan

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Organizing all the detritus that goes with this hobby and digging around trying to put stuff in some semblance of order today. On one of the shelves in the garage where I keep lead, bullets and other stuff was a small heavily-taped 4x4x4 box that I've been towing around that someone gave me probably thirty years ago. It's marked "slingshot ammo" but it felt like lead heavy so I opened it up to finally see what it is. When I looked, I found a whole box of small lead roundball that looked awfully familiar so I got out the calipers.
The box or two of Hornady .36 I got from a member recently for the Snakeyes pistol I have measured out to .350". Imagine my surprise when I measured out the mystery "slingshot ammo" and it also shows .350". Hundreds of them.
Guess I don't have to buy round ball for the Snakeyes for a while. Maybe use them in the 20 and 11 gauge too.
Life's weird sometimes.

wm

Last edited:
Good find! It pays to grub around in the "fun box".

Heh, have a Lee .350 mold that actually has part of the spherical cavity missing because they got a little too happy with their sprueless design. I keep it around just for "shot".

Been there...,

Did a COVID clean of the basement. Found in different locations packs of flints I'd bought in the past at Market Fair. A dozen flints in each of the two packs. Probably a total of $24 when I bought them..., now they'd cost me almost $100 o_O

LD

Been there...,

Did a COVID clean of the basement. Found in different locations packs of flints I'd bought in the past at Market Fair. A dozen flints in each of the two packs. Probably a total of $24 when I bought them..., now they'd cost me almost $100 o_O

LD

Why do the little rocks cost so much now? Is it difficult to make and not many people making it, or is there some other cause?

Back