• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Waterproofing Canvas Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soinkuhndog

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to waterproof some canvas for a tent I'm making. I know it's not PC, but I'm using a commercial water-seal liquid. As I understand it, this doesn't really water-proof the material as much as help with mildew. Question: Do I paint just the side that is facing out or both? Or, does it matter?

It is better to soak the whole thing....but you can paint or spray it on the top surface for a farely good job. Get in all the seams and corners too. And there is a commercial waterproofer called MILDEX that has a mildew prohibitive in it.
Canvak is the better of the water proofers out today...but more expensive than BHAER.

Easiest and most thorough way to apply that is with a garden pump sprayer like you would use for insecticides, and as sated above, saturate the seams and corners.

Latest posts

Back