• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wanted to buy/ trade for

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macmac

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just kidding, but it proves you guys just caught a little wild cat of a guy who has been swappin lies around more than a few camp fires don't it?

About now I already made a name with every mod here.

Consider that fair, because I see no tee pee lodges to climb, and that just might be a good thing. It has happened.

I pretty much run flinters well enough to suit me, and I wanted in to see what other tall tales I might find..

Sorry about the shock, but if thar's anything this heya' chil cant tollerate it's being normal.

Anyone may if they wish save typin' and just call me Mac

ps: if anyone ever calls me Sir, I will hunt you down, and put home made hide glue in all yer pyrex browie dishes :hatsoff:

Welcome to the fire macmac, a little humor never hurts a thing, glad to have ya aboard.

Tamworth, that's a beautiful area in New England.

Can't wait to go hiking again in the Whites this summer!

Welcome aboard!

Doc

Howdy Mac! :hatsoff:
You oughta fit right in... there ain't too many normal fellers... :haha:

Welcome to the fire. Yep, you got a rise out of me, but good to have some humor once in a while. Keep it coming. Emery

Greetings Mac,

Pull up a stump .... maybe I'll tell you about the bear that caught the hunter........

:hmm:

Can't see how to reply to ALL, but thanks guys. I kinda plan ta' pull up a stump, swap a few lies, and maybe once this post settles down, see about telling you a few lies all about the Great Northen Man Eattn' Ruffed Pat'ridge.

As to right around heya' we got them little black bears, which for the most part are docile, like house cats ya know.

Seem's ta' me they only like tourists.

I gotta pull up me charts and ponder on just how to reply all, as sometimes, like now I am, so I replied to me instead.

The next thing I need to pry out of the charts is where it is legal to chat 'round that camp fire, before Ol' Man Dutch tries his his size 12 mocs on my own hide. :surrender:

Of course anyone just about wanting to know about Tamworth can ask what ever they like. This place is about 15 miles south of the East entrance to the Kank, what most consider a 32 mile long road running East/West from Conway to Lincoln, or the other way 'round.

Tamworth being on the southern facing slope at the East end naturally. Might be of some interest to say right now, that there is a old mast road there, you can hike, and camp pretty much anywhere. You can catch wild trout there too.

Another off the beaten trail place near me is the Ossipee Ring Dike, which is a strange place indeed, and no one seems to know it exists.

One way to see it easy on line is to run a topo mapping tool with the zip code 03886 and back out for a big view, then move straight due South 6 to 8 miles.

What you will see is the base of a mountian once much taller than Mt Everest is today. I can't prove it and won't try, but hearsay has that mountian was once somewhere around 44,000 ft!

All I know is, that to ride yer hoss all the way around the base, adds up to about 60 miles.

Oncet, I lived dead center up there in the bowl, and to walk a straight line it was 6 miles to anywhere. On some mapping tools, there are little black dots showing a structure. On that map in the center of the bowl, which is volcanic in nature, is a banana shaped flat bordered by swamp, beavers made it, and there might be a dot, if so that was where I once was.

If you are looking for a hike where you won't find lots of other folks, that area is pretty good too.

I hope this talk on this singin' wire' is legal.

I am just working on my intro. mac

Welcome Mac!

:hatsoff:

Good to have you aboard sir.

:grin:

I'm a flatlander from the Blackstone Valley in Southern Mass. Now in Tx.

Good to have ya at the fiya.

Marc A.

One o' the Pats from Tun's Tavern..

Warl, I knew it wouldn't be too long before someone took me up on the brownie dish challange.
:hmm:

In case anyone wants to know where that tail comes from. I made the most wicked and nasty concocction from fish guts, fish hides, scales, bits of sinew, and all sorts of other nasties as i could procure, added a little water, an set my wifes most favorite pyrex brownie dish on the wood stove.

Well on occasions I stirred that stuff, and when it looked about 'right', I poured it into a mould made of err ah, hmmm, plastic, there I said the 'p' word (shudders)

What I didn't do was clean the dish very promtly, figuring, what the hay so what, i'll giterdone when I am good n' ready.

Oops! I set that pan on a few woods chips so it wasn't level, and what was left ran to a corner and dried. Not only did it dry, it stuck to the glass, and pulled a chip from the pryrex, rather like a thin arrowed head!

Well, when my woman ain't happy thar's no end to it, and so the only thing a man can do is do something else to take her mind off what ever the problem is. I decided my tomahawk heads were loose, so proceeded to soak em in the toliet, which sure did change the topic fast! :hatsoff:

Back