• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRADE Wanted, flintlock long rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanlpuckett

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have a like new Taig micro lathe that I would like to trade for a flintlock long rifle, a kibler would be idea... I set the unit up as a dedicated milling machine, though Can also be used as a lathe accordingly. Would make for a nice shop addition. Comes with complete set of ER-16 collets: 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, & 3/8. It also will come with a five peice end mills set: 1/16, 3/32, 1/4, 5/32, & 3/16. Each end mill is double sided. The spindle head features hardened bearings. These units are precision machines, work accuracy 0.0005 in.

1040ER_9477.jpg

1230_9357.jpg

20230621_142247.jpg
20230621_142239.jpg
20230621_142223.jpg
20230621_142216.jpg

Last edited:
What’s that ‘worth’, as in retail? Swing? Distance between centers? Or is it really only good for making smaller screws and such …

FWIW I have a brand new in the box, untouched Kibler ‘Southern Mountain Rifle’ (SMR) in 32 caliber, but you can trade the barrel back to Kibler to exchange for a 36 or 40 or 45. Walnut stock. His current pricing is close to $1,400.

Good evening this link will provide pretty much all the working details. There are some YouTube videos that show the unit in operation. But to answer your questions, between centers is around 9.75". These units are a bridge between the 7x lathes. I had two 7x10, now have a 7x12. But these little guys, they are pretty impressive little units, heavy, and robust. Accuracy outclasse the 7x's without question. There only downfall is size, yet, is where they shine. Portable and ease of use. Brass, mild steel and aluminum are all easily manageable with the taig. You can make screws, but will handle other small projects, as pen making, bushings and the like. This one here utilizes the milling attachment, milling headstock and collets. But can easily be converted into a lathe, with a three jaw chuck and tailstock.

Taig Micro Lathe II Specifications

Thank you for looking!

Best

Ryan

Back