• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wanted ff and fff

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then don't complain to us when you don't have powder. It's that simple.

And the more you order the cheaper the hazmat/shipping is per pound.
I neither need nor require commercial quantities of powder.

The average muzzleloader is not going to shoot anywhere near that amount in their lifetime.

That's a ridiculous minimum order amount for the average shooter. Does anyone ordering smokeless powder have to order 25 lb at a time?

I've been shooting muzzleloaders for 10 years and have probably not gone through a full 2 lb of powder.

But like many muzzleloaders I'm not going out every weekend and shooting 100 or 200 rounds.

I neither need nor require commercial quantities of powder.

The average muzzleloader is not going to shoot anywhere near that amount in their lifetime.

That's a ridiculous minimum order amount for the average shooter. Does anyone ordering smokeless powder have to order 25 lb at a time?

I've been shooting muzzleloaders for 10 years and have probably not gone through a full 2 lb of powder.

But like many muzzleloaders I'm not going out every weekend and shooting 100 or 200 rounds.
This funny right here. There are 7000 grains of powder in a pound. 2# divided by 10 years is 1400 grains per year. Using an average of 60 grns per shot (averaging 45 cal and 50 cal) that is a measly 23 1/3 shots per year. I shoot that every woodswalk at my club once a month. But I shoot 100 grains per shot at those woodswalks. 20 shots (actual) x 100 grains x 12 months x 10 years = 240,000 grains or 34 1/4 pounds. And that's one rifle. Not including target practice, nor any ither arm I choose to shoot, nor any other woodswalk at any other club or rendezvous I choose to camp at, nor the hunting I do. 25# lasts me a couple years max. And there are MANY folks who shoot more than me!

25# is NOT commercial grade quantities of powder. Good grief!

Shooting one pound per month is, for me, one hundred shots per month. That is 25 shots be week. That is normal and expected for any competitive shooter. If you need one pound per year, that is probably enough for an occasional fall hunter. If that is all you need, then perhaps joining with other black powder shooters to fill out an order is the way to go.

ADK Bigfoot

This funny right here. There are 7000 grains of powder in a pound. 2# divided by 10 years is 1400 grains per year. Using an average of 60 grns per shot (averaging 45 cal and 50 cal) that is a measly 23 1/3 shots per year. I shoot that every woodswalk at my club once a month. But I shoot 100 grains per shot at those woodswalks. 20 shots (actual) x 100 grains x 12 months x 10 years = 240,000 grains or 34 1/4 pounds. And that's one rifle. Not including target practice, nor any ither arm I choose to shoot, nor any other woodswalk at any other club or rendezvous I choose to camp at, nor the hunting I do. 25# lasts me a couple years max. And there are MANY folks who shoot more than me!

25# is NOT commercial grade quantities of powder. Good grief!
Well good for you but I shoot small boar pistols. Not every place requires a 25 lb order. I will patronize those places. How long would it take you to go through a pound at four grains per shot?

Last edited:
Shooting one pound per month is, for me, one hundred shots per month. That is 25 shots be week. That is normal and expected for any competitive shooter. If you need one pound per year, that is probably enough for an occasional fall hunter. If that is all you need, then perhaps joining with other black powder shooters to fill out an order is the way to go.

ADK Bigfoot
If I could find them. I'm literally the only person I know that muzzleloads.

All I know is my grandkids or whoever , will never have to worry about enjoying the shooting sports. As a shooter of obsolete mil-surplus firearms, I know how quickly the market can change and a once cheap and plentiful supply of ammo can disappear and if found be very expensive. I sleep well knowing I will die with several pounds of powder and lead for some future shooter to enjoy, I think of it as a contribution to the hobby.

Graf and Sons is running a free shipping on $75 or more and free hazmat on $150 or more. They have 2F and 3F of Schuetzen and Swiss in stock now, also 2F of the Graf branded powder (Probably Schuetzen re-labeled)
Thanks for this information. I just ordered some 3f among other things with free shipping and no hazmat!

I can burn me up some powder now, That’s for true. He He….. But seriously it seems like I am always at the bottom of a pound of powder and it’s like I just opened it, if you enjoy what ever sport your into don’t let yourself run out of the thing’s you need that’s an ugly feeling .

Back