• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Want To Buy a Cannon!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am looking for a BP cannon. Ideally I would like to find a medium size 22-30inch tube on a field carriage and I am not locked into a particular bore diameter. It needs to be a safe and shootable cannon. I may be open to other cannons or tubes that would need to be built out to a field carriage and may also consider smaller cannons.. I have a wide variety of trade items, antique, contemporary, or cash. I live in Tennessee but would travel for the right deal. If you have a cannon that you have considered selling please contact me by PM with particulars. The attached photo is for example.
Thanks
9A71930B-41EE-442A-850B-84B03F904F84.jpeg

Check out what Muley Gil pointed you to. The N-SSA spring Nationals is coming up here in a couple weeks. Put a post in on their forum about what your looking for.

I am looking for a BP cannon. Ideally I would like to find a medium size 22-30inch tube on a field carriage and I am not locked into a particular bore diameter. It needs to be a safe and shootable cannon. I may be open to other cannons or tubes that would need to be built out to a field carriage and may also consider smaller cannons.. I have a wide variety of trade items, antique, contemporary, or cash. I live in Tennessee but would travel for the right deal. If you have a cannon that you have considered selling please contact me by PM with particulars. The attached photo is for example.
Thanks View attachment 220302
Morris muzzleloading in Grove City, PA has a Civil War cannon for sale.

Thank you for all the leads! Now I just need to figure out how to move a small cannon from Wisconsin to Tennessee! If your driving this way feel free to PM.

We bought two from a foundry in Idaho. One is the swivel gun like what you posted. About 36 inches long, 1.75" bore, two ounces of FG will send a golf ball about 800 yards and make a bang that gets the entire valley's attention. We also got a copy of the Parrott rifle, which is five feet long and has a 2" bore, or maybe it is 2.5", but that thing roars and will send a coke can filled with concrete across the valley. It also sets tree tops on fire, so we don't shoot that one as much 😳 If you are looking for a complete cannon on a working frame, it can get pretty expensive. They are a heck of a lot of fun.

I have an 1841 mountain howitzer replica. But it is iron, not all bronze. So smaller bore 3” and used for reenactments. Just bought all bronze mountain howitzer so looking to sell quickly. Paid $5000 (used) but willing to deal. Includes all implements for reenacting. Email me for more pictures and details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back