• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Walker wedge puller.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back in the day, Sam'l Colt made a triangle metal thingee called a 'wedge puller' for his Walker pistol. I do shoot a Walker but looking at the picture of this wedge puller I do not see how it is to be used.

Anybody have experience with one of these?

:surrender:

You tap on the wedge with the hammer head looking end ,then use the claw to pull the wedge out. By the way, I made those mainspring clamps for them that they have for sale to use on colt style revolvers.

The little claw is rolled in under the turn-down of the wedge and the whole thing rotated back to pull the sedge out. The whole thing is a miniature version of a claw hammer and works the same way. Never used any of these gadgets. Always carried a 9" piece of old broom handle and just give wedges a thump. No need to slam them, just a tap to over come friction.

A little off-topic, but why bother? Don't waste your money. A foot-long length of 1X1 pine will knock it loose every time and won't harm the finish. You can finish tapping it out with half a wooden clothes pin using your 'pine tapper'

i just use the the ball end of my short starter then the half a clothespin - more than enough to tap those wedges out

I just use a larger size hard rubber cork you can get in the nuts and bolts aisle of ACE Hardware. You can hit the wedge as hard as you want with no damage to the gun or finish. Works great. Rick. :hatsoff:

Back