• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Waiting and waiting anyone else?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been waiting two years for a particular breech. Not pressing Track, just wishing the casting process would get started. I have plenty of other projects to work on in the meanwhile.
You breech is likely a Pete Allen product. They are only just beginning to make stuff again. His son is taking over. I’d get my money back personally. BJH

I have used TOTW before but it’s been a long time since I ordered parts from them to assemble.
Now I use Pecatonica almost exclusively. When you call, as I do, I know what is I. Stock or when it will be shipped. And they always, without fail, hit their date or before.

They shape and turn their own wood. Big difference in control of your needs if you control your own stocks.

Try Pecatonica.

I’m curious if there are others. I purchased a TOTW Kit this past April. Every thing was in stock less the stock. They anticipated a 2 or 3 month delay before they’d be available. So I made the purchase figuring I might as well get on line before the line gets longer. 8 months have come and gone and just a friendly email reminder every month or so stock still on back order. I’ve called a few times as well. Last i called a few months ago I asked where I was on the line thinking they must be getting some in they couldn’t tell me. That I just don’t bye. They didn’t offer much. In the meantime I mentioned it to someone while at a local gun shop and they told me they were probably taking care of there regular builders first. I have not called and pressed them on that, though I am this week. I did find it hard to believe they couldn’t tell me where I was online for mine. Then I read here or other they probably won’t see stocks until spring they are made in Italy? Italy there’s no one in the states that does this; I don’t know if that is true. I guess I’ll get my stock eventually but I do find it hard to believe they have no idea as to when. With regards to all that I have spent a ton of money on BP kits and supplies and even finish rifles over the last few years there. I’m just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. Last thing I want to do is send everything back and ask for a refund. So is anyone else waiting 8 months for a stock from TOTW to complete a kit they may have ordered from them.
It is the new normal , if corn flakes for breakfast ain't on the shelfs , and consumed by millions why do you (a small portion of society (Black powder shooters ) a mere blip on the economy will take priority when (EVERYONE) else gets out of stock/no back order/and wait for it We don't KNOW WHEN ! Jeez like TOTW is to blame?

I’ve dealt with Track since the beginning, and believe me, they do everything they can to get products out. I had a hard time finding a half stock blank last month and I tried all the suppliers. The new normal.

Although it’s not the same company, but I’ve been waiting 6 months for a revolver from Taylor’s…4 months for a rifle. Now they’re coming from Italy. But the aggravating part is, Taylor’s (along with the other importers), have no idea what’s coming in and when. That’s obviously not their fault. I just like to know is all. It’s frustrating when they tell me it’s a 3-4 month wait, and 4 months goes by still nothing. If you were to tell me 5 months, that’s fine, I’ll sit tight. The not knowing drives me crazy.

Taylor's manufacture as I was told, is working at half or less than half staff. I have turned down several revolvers and rifles that were on my BO list. The individual who requested them didn't want it any longer or found another shiny object to play with.

This comment may not be helpful and I may be missing something … but at the Pecatonica booth at Friendship this summer they had 50-75 stocks … I saw several Beck’s of various grades … it surprises me that they would have a lot of back orders. I’d definitely call them and ask what’s going on w TOTW orders.
Thanks I appreciate it!

It is the new normal , if corn flakes for breakfast ain't on the shelfs , and consumed by millions why do you (a small portion of society (Black powder shooters ) a mere blip on the economy will take priority when (EVERYONE) else gets out of stock/no back order/and wait for it We don't KNOW WHEN ! Jeez like TOTW is to blame?
I’m certainly not blaming them though like on the Peticoni website they tell the higher grade stocks take longer. They made it clear clear enough that I should be placing the order over the phone vice web. TOTW does allow you to cancel or change the order. I’d accept a different grade or wood type stock. Be nice if someone said hey were not getting this one but we can get you this one! Again I consider my self a very good customer of there’s

I called TOTW early in the year looking for a few locks and parts. The rep told me not in.

Called Lodi Ohio 2 weeks ago they had the parts I needed. I'm also asked how inventory was?
It was what do you need ?

I called TOTW early in the year looking for a few locks and parts. The rep told me not in.

Called Lodi Ohio 2 weeks ago they had the parts I needed. I'm also asked how inventory was?
It was what do you need ?
My being a newbe is the explanation you guys and I thank you all for opening my eyes to others being out there

Bill Raby is right on several counts, you need to plan a year or two ahead and eventually you’ll stop ordering precarves (at least don’t let them screw up the lock mortise!)
Bill doesn’t realize he IS ahead of most of us in line. Years ago I called TotW to see why after 8 months I still hadn’t gotten the set triggers for a Hawken kit. I was told they supplied a LOT of pro builders and had to fill their orders first. Then I was given excellent advice which I follow to the letter today “if it says Out of Stock, don’t order it!”
I did some research, called R E Davis, they said they were almost caught up and could send me a set in a week. Called TotW to cancel the triggers and lo and behold he found a set that had just come in. He sent those same day.
Last year I spent 11 months waiting for a Harpers Ferry set from the Rifle Shoppe. I ordered it in July. Got an email in September saying it should ship next the week. Heard nothing until it finally showed up the following June. Don’t bother trying to contact them, you’ll get it soon after they get all the parts. Could be 2 weeks or 2 years.
Worth the wait since nobody else has complete sets either.
I haven’t dealt with pecatonica but they have a lotta fans here so I will soon.
After spending way too much time waiting for then fixing any precarve you’ll have more fun going from a blank, like Bill Raby says, and it won’t take 6 months to carve it!!

I’ll see what I come up with thanks for the input. I think I can do it from a blank just figured it would be easier big time saver. Let’s see what Peticonia and TOTW say. I’m feeling under the weather getting checked for the virus today at 10. Interesting to see if this is just a flu or virus. I had it back exactly a year ago; received one vaccine currently my antibodies greater than 2500 . So it seems if I do have omricon then both natural and the vaccine are not stopping it. Though this is mild compared to what I had last December.

What kind of stock are you waiting for?
I have a stock #4 maple 13/16 SMR pre carved Pecatonica that came from Track hanging over my bench I could be talked out of. Just dont have the time to begin another build.
What would you take for it pm

I’m curious if there are others. I purchased a TOTW Kit this past April. Every thing was in stock less the stock. They anticipated a 2 or 3 month delay before they’d be available. So I made the purchase figuring I might as well get on line before the line gets longer. 8 months have come and gone and just a friendly email reminder every month or so stock still on back order. I’ve called a few times as well. Last i called a few months ago I asked where I was on the line thinking they must be getting some in they couldn’t tell me. That I just don’t bye. They didn’t offer much. In the meantime I mentioned it to someone while at a local gun shop and they told me they were probably taking care of there regular builders first. I have not called and pressed them on that, though I am this week. I did find it hard to believe they couldn’t tell me where I was online for mine. Then I read here or other they probably won’t see stocks until spring they are made in Italy? Italy there’s no one in the states that does this; I don’t know if that is true. I guess I’ll get my stock eventually but I do find it hard to believe they have no idea as to when. With regards to all that I have spent a ton of money on BP kits and supplies and even finish rifles over the last few years there. I’m just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. Last thing I want to do is send everything back and ask for a refund. So is anyone else waiting 8 months for a stock from TOTW to complete a kit they may have ordered from them.

As far as I know TOW dont actually produce the kits, they peddle kits from independent makers.

From Australia, our import restrictions have been tightened up even more, now we cant bring in a ML Kit to build ourselves, unless theres a licensed Gunsmith involved in putting it together.
My problem is there's no-one around here experienced in ML Kit building thats also a licensed Gunsmith, and I'm not prepared to hand the job to a Muppet who's only worked on modern day firearms, and wouldnt be capable of final inletting what needed to be done.

As I see it I have two options, order and wait for the completed Rifle in this case an authentic Hawken (sans the brass do dads), or order a TOW Jim Bridger Hawken kit and identify someone reliable, experienced and HONEST over there in the US; to complete the kit to assembled level (Barrel, Under Rib; Lock and Triggers; and Butt plate) fitted as required for Customs import Firearm test.

Can anyone on the forum advise and point me in the right direction for either of my two options please ?

now we cant bring in a ML Kit to build ourselves, unless theres a licensed Gunsmith involved in putting it together.
That's a sad conundrum my Aussy friend.
Research this option. Don't order and/or ship a kit.
Order a barrel. Then later on order a lock.
Then later on maybe a trigger,, then a ,,,, etc,,,
Follow me? Is there a way to defeat the system like that?

Or, even if a local smith isn't "skilled" enough to build it for you,, to have one "involved" in the build would/could be installing a single screw. You could do most of the construction, then bring it to the smith to have that last screw turned in with a screwdriver, pay his fee for involvement and signing off on the document,, 🤔

That's a sad conundrum my Aussy friend.
Research this option. Don't order and/or ship a kit.
Order a barrel. Then later on order a lock.
Then later on maybe a trigger,, then a ,,,, etc,,,
Follow me? Is there a way to defeat the system like that?

Or, even if a local smith isn't "skilled" enough to build it for you,, to have one "involved" in the build would/could be installing a single screw. You could do most of the construction, then bring it to the smith to have that last screw turned in with a screwdriver, pay his fee for involvement and signing off on the document,, 🤔

Thank you, good advice taken.

Back