• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Waiting and waiting anyone else?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m curious if there are others. I purchased a TOTW Kit this past April. Every thing was in stock less the stock. They anticipated a 2 or 3 month delay before they’d be available. So I made the purchase figuring I might as well get on line before the line gets longer. 8 months have come and gone and just a friendly email reminder every month or so stock still on back order. I’ve called a few times as well. Last i called a few months ago I asked where I was on the line thinking they must be getting some in they couldn’t tell me. That I just don’t bye. They didn’t offer much. In the meantime I mentioned it to someone while at a local gun shop and they told me they were probably taking care of there regular builders first. I have not called and pressed them on that, though I am this week. I did find it hard to believe they couldn’t tell me where I was online for mine. Then I read here or other they probably won’t see stocks until spring they are made in Italy? Italy there’s no one in the states that does this; I don’t know if that is true. I guess I’ll get my stock eventually but I do find it hard to believe they have no idea as to when. With regards to all that I have spent a ton of money on BP kits and supplies and even finish rifles over the last few years there. I’m just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. Last thing I want to do is send everything back and ask for a refund. So is anyone else waiting 8 months for a stock from TOTW to complete a kit they may have ordered from them.

What kind of stock are you waiting for?
I have a stock #4 maple 13/16 SMR pre carved Pecatonica that came from Track hanging over my bench I could be talked out of. Just dont have the time to begin another build.
Paid Backorder 1 STK-JP-AH-C-M4
fullstock, J P Beck, with AHC channel, Siler lock, fancy maple M-4
I think I purchased a 50 caliber swamped Rice barrel to go along with it. Thanks for the offer!

This one too Isaac Haines 38" precarved stock "B" , extra fancy maple
Then my other fear is I read on the American Muzzle Loader forum that people had problems with some stocks that needed to returned for exchange which means you have to get into the build promptly to discover any fit-mint issues. I think in one case it was the Brown Bess kit never the less that’s concerning.

I know that Pecatonica has had to add staff this year due to the demand. TOW and Pecatonica are both good companies and I would trust them both.

Fleener
I trust them too to a point. No one yet has said they are experiencing the same delay am I the only one who purchased a kit from them that had the stock on back order?
Thanks for the name of the stock company!

Live and learn I just went to the Pecatonica website and appears to me Track is selling there kits. I tried calling them but I guess they are closed on Saturday. Anyway thanks for filling me in I’ll call them during the week and see if they can help me with the stocks. Nothing like going to the source.

I just ordered a custom barrel and was told it would be a 9 month wait. Its pretty normal for muzzleloader parts. Nobody likes the long waits, but it is all just part of the fun. The trick is to order all the parts for your next gun right now.

I just ordered a custom barrel and was told it would be a 9 month wait. Its pretty normal for muzzleloader parts. Nobody likes the long waits, but it is all just part of the fun. The trick is to order all the parts for your next gun right now.
Your not making me feel any better but thanks. It’s not part of the fun for me I kind of understand the situation but I’ll find for certain items after I talk to the stock manufacturer. I just don’t buy they haven’t received any since April and can’t tell me how many orders for the same are ahead of me or when I might receive it. Who the hell is buying all the stocks? And I might consider a lower grade if they told me walnut cherry or plain maple would be available first but nothing.

If you want to have some real fun you can cancel the order on the stock and buy a blank instead. You could have a blank next week. Belive it or not, working from a blank is actually easier than than working from a pre carved stock. I once waited 14 months for a barrel from Track of the Wolf. Best thing to do if you are waiting for something specific is to build a different rifle while you are waiting for parts.

Been waiting two years for a particular breech. Not pressing Track, just wishing the casting process would get started. I have plenty of other projects to work on in the meanwhile.
Didn’t you know that going in? I know kung flu is paying havoc with suppliers. Two years ago we didn’t have a supply issue there may have been a higher demand due to the popularity. Specialty items like Bess locks and what you have on order I can kind see. But I think 8 months is too long. There’s a better explanation and I’m looking forward to what the manufacturer says.

If you want to have some real fun you can cancel the order on the stock and buy a blank instead. You could have a blank next week. Belive it or not, working from a blank is actually easier than than working from a pre carved stock. I once waited 14 months for a barrel from Track of the Wolf. Best thing to do if you are waiting for something specific is to build a different rifle while you are waiting for parts.
I can wait but what bothers me is when asked they couldn’t or wouldn’t tell me how many are ahead of me and then to have some one tell me they are taking care of there regular builders first that bothers me.

I doubt they even have a list. Most likely they have a bunch of stocks on order from their supplier. If they get more orders in, they order more from the supplier. If Track of the Wolf calls their supplier asking when the order is coming in, they get the same answer that you got. Then some random guy says that they are taking care of regular builders first. Why would you pay any attention to that? Has that guy ever even heard of Track of the Wolf? I am one of their regular builders and I have never been bumped up to the front of any line. If you order muzzleloader parts that are not in stock you can expect a rather long wait. That is just the nature of the business. The way the regular builders deal with it is to plan out their projects a year or two in advance. Track of the Wolf website is currently showing a number of items as 365+ day wait. Fastest way to start building is to order a blank instead.

but I’ll find for certain items after I talk to the stock manufacturer.
By all means contact Pecitonica,, but if you want to find out for certain that TOW is screwing you,, don't ask about them,, you gonna have to be sneaky.
Because I don't think ANY company is going to tell you about another customers business with them to begin with.

Just call as a customer wanting to purchase a;
J.P. Beck, pre-inlet, "C" profile 44" swamped barrel, large Siler lock, extra fancy maple stock.
Then when they tell you it's out of stock, ask all of the obvious questions 1st of course,,
,,then ask if it's about the wood,,, extra fancy grade,, ask if the same stock is available in fancy or plain.

I say all these things, because it's my guess that it's the availability of the extra fancy/M4 grade wood that's the hold up,, those kinds of trees are not grown on commercial farms, harvested, milled for process and dried in an oven like timber destined to become a stack of 2x4's.
M4 grade,, at least from the rifles I have seen made from it,, is a pretty fussy pick from a hunk of lumber.

I'm pretty sure that if you find your stock someplace else "on the spot" Track will refund your money. Or if you decide to go with another stock option with something available they will try to accommodate.
Look around,, supply chains for a lot of things are messed up and have been for some time.
It takes Drivers to haul that lumber,,(?) ;)

Last edited:
This comment may not be helpful and I may be missing something … but at the Pecatonica booth at Friendship this summer they had 50-75 stocks … I saw several Beck’s of various grades … it surprises me that they would have a lot of back orders. I’d definitely call them and ask what’s going on w TOTW orders.

Although it’s not the same company, but I’ve been waiting 6 months for a revolver from Taylor’s…4 months for a rifle. Now they’re coming from Italy. But the aggravating part is, Taylor’s (along with the other importers), have no idea what’s coming in and when. That’s obviously not their fault. I just like to know is all. It’s frustrating when they tell me it’s a 3-4 month wait, and 4 months goes by still nothing. If you were to tell me 5 months, that’s fine, I’ll sit tight. The not knowing drives me crazy.

Back