• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

VT. Primitive Biathlon Dates

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received my entry form and news letter for the Biathlon. This years dates are Jan. 24th and 25th. I plan on going to Jeffersonville whether or not being healthy enough to compete. I guess we can always hope for the January Thaw to hit that weekend. Glad it isn't in Feb. as Feb is one cold mother of a month in northern VT.
Cheers
RFMcD

Maybe I'll see you there, RF.

About January vs February in VT: Elevation and latitude trumps date, at least in my experience.

Jeffersonville is up in the central Greens - always about 15 degrees colder and 10 mph windier than anywhere else. The Jeff biathlon can be brutal. A couple of weeks later, the Southern VT Primitive Biathlon in Manchester is generally much more comfortable. It's half a state south and a thousand feet lower. You still need to bundle up, though.

I need to get out and practice.

And I'm holding another Primitive biathlon over here in sunny, warm New Hampshire the week after Manchester! So come on over to Cheshire county fish & game club on Sunday, February 15th!

you can go to ccfandg.org for more info and directions, but the rules will be basically the same as Smugg's, and the range is located at 19 ferry brook road, Keene, NH. Hope to see you there Nit Wit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone heading to the Southern VT Biathlon Feb 7-8? I plan on going with my son and entering the Woods Walk (I've never used snow shoes of any kind). It all sounds like a lot of fun.

Smollett

SVTPB....is a well run...and fun event...a really nice atmosphere. The course is of moderate difficulty...the last target station being the most challenging....if it is set up as it has been in previous years.

I just got my raffle prize in the mail from SVPBT. Was not there for the raffle drawings Sunday.

Thank you to the Sevrance family and all that made/make that happen, you are some of the nicest humans in New England.

A wonderful time was had by all. Looking foreword to 2016.

Back