• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Visiting Chattanooga, TN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Chattanooga, TN and Blue Ridge, GA towards the end of June for 47 anniversary. Are there any muzzleloading stores in those vicinities as we are both looking to better our collection of short and long arms. Thanks.

My wife and I are going to Chattanooga, TN and Blue Ridge, GA towards the end of June for 47 anniversary. Are there any muzzleloading stores in those vicinities as we are both looking to better our collection of short and long arms. Thanks.
Dixie Gun Works is in Union City Tenn. Might want to check them out.
Larry

I don’t know about muzzle loading stores, but be sure to go to the aquarium there! And listen to the locals- if they tell you NOT to go to a certain area- DON’T GO!!!!

Dixie Gun Works is at the other end of the State. A long, long way from Chattanooga.

I've been here in Cleveland, TN., about 30 miles NE of Chatt for 23 years. No good blackpowder/muzzleloading stores in the area that I am aware of. Several regular gun shops around.

The TN Aquarium in Chatt. is good. Chattanooga Choo Choo train museum. There is a tow truck museum, art museum, incline railroad up Lookout Mtn. Ruby Falls is just a trickle of water in a cave that they light up with red lights. I found it disappointing, but then I have been in a lot of caves. Rock City is an interesting walk around on top of the mountain. Expensive, IMO. Civil War sites all around, including Chickamauga Battlefield just a short drive down into Georgia. Good muzzleloader collection at the museum there. Riverboat dinner cruises. More.

In Blairsville, GA,. which is just down the road from Blue Ridge, there will be a Scottish Festival on June 10th and 11th. Some interesting tourist type shops and antiques in Blue Ridge.

Going east on Hwy 64 out of Cleveland, TN you will come across plenty of whitewater rafting companies. They offer group rides in 6 person rubber rafts that often hold 8. They float for 5 miles down the rapids through the Ocoee River Gorge. It is Class III and IV whitewater. (I guided a raft there for 12 seasons after I retired from my regular job. Finally got too old for it.) This was the site of the whitewater canoe and kayak events during the 1996 Olympics that was held in Atlanta.

Here's wishing you a happy anniversary.
My wife and I will be celebrating our 53rd anniversary, also in June.

Here's my T-shirt:
20230519_172036.jpg

There is a gun shop in kennesaw ga that is about an hour fifteen minutes south of where you are staying. It is only 3 or 4 minutes off I75 and very easy to get to. One of two places in Ga that you can buy real black. Coming and going you will drive right by it. It is called Deer Creek Gunshop. It is next door to two southern museums including the General. If you recall the disney movie the great train race about the union spys stealing the train. That is the General. All these are within 50 yards of each other with lots of neat things to look at, read, buy etc. The Old store takes maybe 30 to 45 minutes each to go through. Deer Creek has been in business for over 40 yrs and specializes in BP stuff.

The river boat dinner cruise is well worth it in chattanooga. Blue ridge railroad is a nice ride.

Dixie Gun Works is at the other end of the State. A long, long way from Chattanooga.

I've been here in Cleveland, TN., about 30 miles NE of Chatt for 23 years. No good blackpowder/muzzleloading stores in the area that I am aware of. Several regular gun shops around.

The TN Aquarium in Chatt. is good. Chattanooga Choo Choo train museum. There is a tow truck museum, art museum, incline railroad up Lookout Mtn. Ruby Falls is just a trickle of water in a cave that they light up with red lights. I found it disappointing, but then I have been in a lot of caves. Rock City is an interesting walk around on top of the mountain. Expensive, IMO. Civil War sites all around, including Chickamauga Battlefield just a short drive down into Georgia. Good muzzleloader collection at the museum there. Riverboat dinner cruises. More.

In Blairsville, GA,. which is just down the road from Blue Ridge, there will be a Scottish Festival on June 10th and 11th. Some interesting tourist type shops and antiques in Blue Ridge.

Going east on Hwy 64 out of Cleveland, TN you will come across plenty of whitewater rafting companies. They offer group rides in 6 person rubber rafts that often hold 8. They float for 5 miles down the rapids through the Ocoee River Gorge. It is Class III and IV whitewater. (I guided a raft there for 12 seasons after I retired from my regular job. Finally got too old for it.) This was the site of the whitewater canoe and kayak events during the 1996 Olympics that was held in Atlanta.

Here's wishing you a happy anniversary.
My wife and I will be celebrating our 53rd anniversary, also in JJ

There is a gun shop in kennesaw ga that is about an hour fifteen minutes south of where you are staying. It is only 3 or 4 minutes off I75 and very easy to get to. One of two places in Ga that you can buy real black. Coming and going you will drive right by it. It is called Deer Creek Gunshop. It is next door to two southern museums including the General. If you recall the disney movie the great train race about the union spys stealing the train. That is the General. All these are within 50 yards of each other with lots of neat things to look at, read, buy etc. The Old store takes maybe 30 to 45 minutes each to go through. Deer Creek has been in business for over 40 yrs and specializes in BP stuff.

The river boat dinner cruise is well worth it in chattanooga. Blue ridge railroad is a nice ride.
I remember living in Georgia Kennesaw was sometimes referred as Gunnesaw. Use to be an old shop there with all kinds of civil war excuse me war of northern aggression😅😅😅 relics. Seems to me the old guy that had it was called Wildman can't remember exactly. Pretty interesting place

Don't forget to celebrate with a real moon pie and r c cola!!!! 🤗😋😊

I remember living in Georgia Kennesaw was sometimes referred as Gunnesaw. Use to be an old shop there with all kinds of civil war excuse me war of northern aggression😅😅😅 relics. Seems to me the old guy that had it was called Wildman can't remember exactly. Pretty interesting place
Deer creek is right next door to wildmans. Lost him in january this year. Always good for a memorable quote. Place is still there and open and yes lots to see, read and buy in that store.

Back