• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

US Rifle Mod.1841 Mississippi

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klaus

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello Ladys and Gent`s,

i`m eagerly interrested in this Rifle ( Euroarms Cal.54 for PRB)

Could you kindly tell me your experiences with this Rifle

thx

Klaus

You will probably find it to be about the most accurate military rifle you've ever fired. I've had one in .54 for several years and it is a splendid rifle for target and hunting. Mine was the equal of a hand made rifle in every way, fitting, finish, details, etc. They are certainly the most attractive US military rifle ever issued. They were designed for prb though will perform "adequately" with maxis.

PICT0404-1-1.jpg

This target was 60 yards and 6 shots barely went over an inch. It has fired even better targets in the past. The flyer is a "maxi ball" shot.

You may not realize this but the 1841 Mississippi is the last true muzzle loading rifle issued by the US. All later models were based on muskets but rifled to shoot the new .58 Minnie.
It is essentially an updated 1803 Harper's Ferry. In it's original .54 the 1841 is the zenith of U.S. muzzle loading rifles.

Hello Hanshi,

thx for your advise
The target seems just to be hopefully to have a straight shooter for my issues.
For me the question is why should this rifle with a 54 patched ball shall be less accurate as a Plainsrifle with the same caliber.
I like the finsh,the appearance of this Rifle much and it is the last real front stuffer made for Military issues like "Cal.54" told right.

But here in Germany the Papertarget boys are the most and precission of a a Muzzelloader is the major factor and not the passion
Parker Hales Enfield Navy Rifles or the Wuertemberger 1857 well tuned are the non plus ultra to have a tack driver for the yearly national champignonships.
so are sonme Info about the Mod. 1841 are more than rare.

thx a lot

Klaus

It should be as accurate as a Plains Rifle, maybe better.

Back