• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

US Grant’s revolvers sold for over 5 million dollars

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty good investment if you ask me, like land they simply are not making in more Grant pistols.

You never know about auctions. Went to Missouri auction school back in 86, seen tobacco auctions, worked antique, coin, car land and gun auctions. I'm not rich, but I certainly don't like to let my money set around at zero point nothing interest and just for comparison a local gun auction gets 15 percent commission to the buy and only 5 percent to the seller.

I bid $5000 on one of Ed McGivern pistols and was quickly passed up as the final price was just over $15,000.

Later on another auction I bid on Elmer Keith's Marlin .44 Lever Action. My bid was in the $2400 range and it basically sold for the next bid higher. Cheap in my opinion, but being a poor boy I have my limitations.

Also, placed a bid on a rough 1803 Harpers Ferry and thought sure it would bring $500 to $600, even called the auctioneer to arrange shipping directly to home since it was a pre 98...I stopped bidding at $900. It brought over $1200. I sent the auctioneer an email congratulating him for a job well done!

I've won a Great Western Gunworks original Hawken style rifle, an original Fowler and a couple nice T/C rifles. Lots of fun on a limited income.

Congratulations to the buyer of the Grant pistols!
I've been going to general and gun auctions for many years. Always amazed at what some things will bring. You really have to be "awake" at auctions in general to be a successful buyer. Thanks for your interesting comments.

One thing that has never seemed to change with antique guns over the many years: As a "group" the guns that bring the most money at auctions, in general are original, premium condition Colts and Winchesters.

Rick

Back