• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Urban deer hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been having fits getting the stand platform level on uneven ground and have taken it loose multiple times yesterday and moved the feet, each time climbing the tree with a climer to unhook the ratchet strap. I finally gave up and called a young guy to assist me today if he can get free. This stand may not work on the tree I have it on because of the sloping terrain, I may have to take it down and put up a lock on.

I got the stand up correctly without help by digging a trench to put the feet on an even plane, I cleared some brush to give me a clear shot yesterday between rain squalls. We have had soaking rain every day and may have clear weather tomorrow. I am a fair weather hunter, especially when it raining and 37 degrees with a stiff wind. My old bones don't fare well in those conditions.

I hid behind a pile of cinder block on the other side of my neighbors barn yesterday evening. I had a little 4 point and 5 point pose broadside out in the field at 30-40 yards but I couldn't bring myself to shoot one of the little guys and they were very little body wise. Later I heard a deer behind me in the woods and stood up to turn around, a fawn caught me and off they went, 8 of them and the big doe I was looking for. I jumped one behind the barn walking in, looked like a 3" spike, jumped one across from my neighbors house walking out and there were 8 more just about under a tree stand I left hanging on a tree when I drove out. I knew they would be on the move after the storm and with the cold temps tonight. No shots fired but I saw 20 deer total, 8 of them after dark but I hunted an end of the property I hadn't been on before and learned what oaks they are feeding under.

Back