• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unknown mess of a bullet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. S. Morris

32 Cal
Reaction score
Dug this from Lovejoy Georgia this past weekend. First of two I found. Was in about 6 inches of dirt under roots. Pinged a 76 on the detector. Looks to be made of lead. It is smashed to smithereens(is that still a word) There appears to be at least two rings on the the lower end. Can anyone else see something here I don't?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 6.58.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 6.58.54 AM.png
    714.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 4.00.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 4.00.17 PM.png
    932.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 4.00.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 4.00.00 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 36
Not that far south of atlanta. Battle of atlanta shermans march went down that direction. You shoot with the griffin long rifle boys?

Not that far south of atlanta. Battle of atlanta shermans march went down that direction. You shoot with the griffin long rifle boys?

I live in Fayetteville, about 20 minutes from Lovejoy. I have a Pomeroy Musket but have never fired it. Has too much corrosion around the nipple/cone. Even some threads are showing. Actually found two mini balls this weekend. This is the other one I found yesterday morning detecting in some woods. The skirt is mostly blown off and it's flat on one side.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.01.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.01.13 PM.png
    742.1 KB · Views: 21
I live in Fayetteville, about 20 minutes from Lovejoy. I have a Pomeroy Musket but have never fired it. Has too much corrosion around the nipple/cone. Even some threads are showing. Actually found two mini balls this weekend. This is the other one I found yesterday morning detecting in some woods. The skirt is mostly blown off and it's flat on one side.
Hit something......i am up by kennesaw mtn.....found some as well on my property near noonday creek.

Hit something......i am up by kennesaw mtn.....found some as well on my property near noonday creek.

I have been all over Jonesboro, well the wooded parts anyway and found nothing. Both days in Lovejoy found two. Places to detect are rapidly drying up. I have looked all over Kennesaw Mt.on Google earth that's not park area but what I.see looks very built up now.

Last edited:
Dug this from Lovejoy Georgia this past weekend. First of two I found. Was in about 6 inches of dirt under roots. Pinged a 76 on the detector. Looks to be made of lead. It is smashed to smithereens(is that still a word) There appears to be at least two rings on the the lower end. Can anyone else see something here I don't?
Is the base hollow in the large one? If so it's probably a mini ball. I'd venture a guess on the small one as a flechet from a cannon canister round.

Is the base hollow in the large one? If so it's probably a mini ball. I'd venture a guess on the small one as a flechet from a cannon canister round.

THe "small one" is a three ring minie. If you add in the missing skirt it is exactly the size of other Minie's I have in my collection.

Back