• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Twist rate

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering what the twist is in a .54 Killer Colonial. I don't reckon that's important; I'm sure it is round all slow.
Should be marked on the bottom of the barrel. Believe it's 1-70. Just started on a SMR from them. Barrel is marked back towards the breach, has maker (mine is a Rice) and twist, plus has Kibler stamped in it.

Should be marked on the bottom of the barrel. Believe it's 1-70. Just started on a SMR from them. Barrel is marked back towards the breach, has maker (mine is a Rice) and twist, plus has Kibler stamped in it.
Current kibler barrel supplier is Green Mountain. Not sure how to tell when they actually started shipping gm though.

I think that if yours is a rice it is also probably longer than the gm barrels.

As said, the .32, .36, and .40 are 1-48. The .45, .50, .54, and .58 are 1-70. Green Mountain is the supplier for most all, but my .36 SMR has a Rice barrel. I believe that’s true for the .32 also. Possibly the .40 too. It’s all marked on the bottom.

Old stock maybe.
IMG_20231022_071341342_HDR.jpg

Back