• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tvm muzzleloaders.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckhunt93

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wondering if you can get a muzzleloader from tennesse valley muzzleloading finished instead of "in the white" or in a "basic kit".

Hi duckhunt93,

Yes you can, and it will be done very well. Call 'em and talk to them. they'll make sure you're satisfied - TVM customer satisfaction must be somewhere close to 100% to my knowledge.

I'm currently awaiting my fourth TVM...

:hatsoff:
Spot

Here's a link to them.
Look around a bit. You'll find the prices for both the finished and the in the white rifles.

Notice that the price quoted is for the basic finished gun. If you want special wood, patch boxes, etc they will cost more. http://www.avsia.com/tvm/

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel stupid now. Thank you. I can't figure out what i want from them though early or late lancaster.

I think it is 5 bucks for a catalog and it is worth it. A lot more info in there. I think TVM's web page leaves a lot to be desired.

well i decided on the early lancaster with the super premium stocks the brass patch box and a swamped barrel.

I figured if i was going to wait for a muzzleloader i was going to get a really good one.

here is what i have decided on.

-early lancaster rifle-brass
-50 caliber
-42" barrel
-swamped barrel
-3 piece patch box
-super premium maple
-brown finished barrel
-aged steel lock
-christian cross inlay on the cheek piece
-14" length of pull

Sounds nice. What lock do you want? Brass, silver or steel front sight, what color do you want the stock finished dark medium, light etc..? Do you want any carving/engraving? There are a lot of things to consider....Isn't it GREAT! :wink:

Get in touch with Taylor Sapergia right where you live before you waste your money.

I'm not sure what was meant by the above comment, but I dont consider my TVM a waste of money at all. If anything, it was a great deal.

Lonegun1894 said:
"...I dont consider my TVM a waste of money at all. If anything, it was a great deal..."

Of course it wasn't wasted money...Matt Avance does excellent work and stands behind his work 1000%...I’ve had TVM build a couple of Early Virginias and couldn't be more pleased with the end results. I'm very particular about quality and wouldn't be going back to them a third time if they produced inferior quality or service.

I wanted strong good looking hunting guns and elected to pass on patch boxes, carvings, etc to put what money I had into the wood, barrels, and locks. For the 3 Virginias I specified super premium ++ curly maple, Rice barrels, Chambers Deluxe Silers, and Davis #6 double set triggers.
================================================

.58cal RIFLE

1-0855CroppedRightFull.jpg

4-0859CroppedLeftFull.jpg

.62cal SMOOTHBORE...photo taken before any shooting or filing of sights

1FullRightbuttangle.jpg

3FullLeftbuttangle.jpg

[/quote]

.45cal / .28ga

(due after the holidays)

You cannot go wrong with a tvm product no matter the style you choose. You tell them what you want and they will produce with 100% satisfaction guarantee :thumbsup:

Some may consider it a waste if the guns do not follow a tight line on the PC/HC issue, (I don't think the remark made was really called for myself), I think TVM could do that (build very PC/HC gun) if you did your research and gave them the blueprint, many do not yet continue to claim the coveted PC/HC description,this is not a slam at TVM more of an opinion of the lack of individual research and dedication many have toward accuracy from the historical viewpoint, yet a strong desire to use the terminology, I have handles several TVMs at gun shows and they were all very well made guns but these particular guns were not meant to recreate closely their 18th century counterparts which is fine for many as the level of this aspect desired differs greatly around the campfire not everyone wants a "PC/HC" gun, doing ones own research and asking for advise from a few of the recognized knowledgable gun buffs here is a good start for most who have not spent much time studying these old guns. there should be no reason for this to turn into a p@*&87g contest,as the above comments are just facts with no malice toward anyone.

I believe the comment may have been due to the fact that the OP stated he wanted to go all out if had to wait anyway, the maker named is in the same country as the OP, and the maker named is a master gunsmith who can produce a a functional piece of art with good wood (read HARD structure under any pretty figure) and other quality parts that will be an investment that will increase in value.
A real quality custom gun.

Depending on what weight swamped bbl will be on the rifle, perhaps a .54 would lighten it up some. W/ a "C" weight I'd get a .54 and w/ a "B" weight I'd opt for a .50. Taylor Saperagia builds outstanding LRs but probably is more expensive than TVM, but I'd still contact him...he's right in your backyard which has it's advantages....Good luck on whatever you buy....Fred

flehto said:
Taylor Saperagia builds outstanding LRs but probably is more expensive than TVM, but I'd still contact him...he's right in your backyard which has it's advantages....Good luck on whatever you buy....Fred

True. A possibility would be a Sapergia built Chambers kit without any engraving and carving bells and whistles.
Definitely much more gun compared to whatever difference in cost.

Back