TVM Muzzleloaders?

Discussion in 'Percussion Rifles' started by MGM, May 24, 2003.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. May 24, 2003 #1

MGM

MGM

MGM

32 Cal.

Any other folks here have a Tennessee Valley Manufacturing muzzleloader? I have a "Southern" rifle, .50 cal. I have shot this gun quite a bit in the past and hope to give her a work out this summer, I used to put three balls touching at a hundred yards from a sand bag using 88-89 grains of Goex and Speers balls. My gun is from the Jack Garner era, signed by him actually.

2. Aug 28, 2003 #2

AxelP

AxelP

AxelP

32 Cal.

I am in the beginning phases of purchasing a TVM Southern Rifle... any pointers as to what to make sure I get as far as options?

thanks

Axel

3. Aug 28, 2003 #3

tg

tg

tg

Cannon

The originals were anything from lock stock and barrel to some pretty well made and ornate guns, options would be your choice, most were sub .50 call I believe, and that style of gun was from the late flint era if you are loking to get into re-enacting they are to late in time for F&I and Rev War, might fit into the war of 1812.

4. Aug 28, 2003 #4

AxelP

AxelP

AxelP

32 Cal.

Axel is not a reenacter.
    TVM Southern Mtn rifle would be for huntin, pokin holes in paper, and admiring eyes hanging on the walls of the Axel Homestead.

I am a student of history... used to reenact a long time ago but the reenacting thing is currently not for me.

Looking to buy a good, fine crafted american shooter--

thanks

Axel

5. Aug 29, 2003 #5

tg

tg

tg

Cannon

TVM would probably be a good choice to fill your needs and as stated before the options would be those that suit yor needs/taste if PC is not a factor.