• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trying yo authenticate my .54 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtHoot

Pappy’s Mountain Majesty
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone take a guess at the lock? I know the pic isn’t the best and that silly flash pan guard is in the way. I am thinking it may have been built by Jack Garner in the earlier days of Tennessee Valley Manufacturing, (Matt Avance from Tennessee Valley Muzzleloaders signs his full name on his builds, so I eliminated him) Any insight would greatly appreciated
IMG_0988.jpeg
IMG_0989.jpeg
IMG_0999.jpeg

Can anyone take a guess at the lock? I know the pic isn’t the best and that silly flash pan guard is in the way. I am thinking it may have been built by Jack Garner in the earlier days of Tennessee Valley Manufacturing, (Matt Avance from Tennessee Valley Muzzleloaders signs his full name on his builds, so I eliminated him) Any insight would greatly appreciatedView attachment 251031View attachment 251032View attachment 251033

My older Jack Garner Fowler and a few other Garner ML’s I have seen we’re signed as shown below. Not sure about the lock brand.
FE9E4AAF-9606-43B5-B78F-B88D0DD5F445.jpeg
DC58349C-04B6-4B77-A2DD-2D58D14D5882.jpeg

My American Fowler was sold to me by Jack Garner at a small Rendezvous. It think he was moving some inventory just prior to TVM being transferred to Matt Avance. I'm no help as my fowling gun is unsigned, but I still have the sales receipt.

The early guns often came with a Siler lock assembled by TVM. I believe @MtHoot's gun has a Siler lock.

Decent parts. If it shoots, then it really doesn't matter if it was made by Jack Garner or not.

Can't imagine Kibler 'faking' anything.
I believe he was being a bit facetious. Anyway as it turns out it was a TVM blonde kit built and assembled by the buyer and engraved by him also, case closed. I acquired the rifle for free so all in all a good day of investigating.

The brass piece as a flash guard so the person standing next to you doesn’t get the flash hole blast. It should be removable.

My American Fowler was sold to me by Jack Garner at a small Rendezvous. It think he was moving some inventory just prior to TVM being transferred to Matt Avance. I'm no help as my fowling gun is unsigned, but I still have the sales receipt.

The early guns often came with a Siler lock assembled by TVM. I believe @MtHoot's gun has a Siler lock.

Decent parts. If it shoots, then it really doesn't matter if it was made by Jack Garner or not.
The brass piece as a flash guard so the person standing next to you doesn’t get the flash hole blast. It should be removable.
I did remove it, the rifle came with it installed

Latest posts

Back