• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM Iron PA Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I feel the same about brass. For sure beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there is some good looking guns out there fitted in brass. I just prefer the low key look of the browned steel for all the parts.

I do like the assorted brass pieces in my possibles bag though.

I got an Early Virginia with a Colerain .40 13/16" round bottom rifling barrel and steel furniture a month back. It is one of their makers kits which needs most of the work done on it. I also elected to buy my Golden Age Flintlock directly from Chambers and had them deduct the price of the lock from the kit.

I am waiting to start it till this winter after I get my house built.

The mistakenly sent me a .45 cal barrel, but sent out a replacement right away and refunded my shipping after they received the .45 back.

Overall I am happy with the experience.

As we are talking about TVM. I bought a Late Virginia rifle from Tip Curtis, with Colrain swamped barrel, Siler lock, Davis trigger, with high grade wood, for 1200. (In the white) How much more would it cost to get a comparable rifle, finished from TVM ? It has been a couple years since I bought the rifle from Tip. I'm trying to "guesstimate" the cost of finishing a rifle, by an experienced builder.

Hadden, you could get about the same from TVM for about the same to a couple hundred extra if you had made an order before today. But as of today, TVM increased their prices, I'm not sure exactly how much you'd be looking at now! My guess is about somewhere between 1400-1700, but I could be off.

The TVM sight did come up for me, but there are no prices for their guns, only some of their options. They must be redoing their price lists.

Just pulled it up to check the new pricing and there is NO pricing except shipping and wood upgrades. :confused:

Back