• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

turkey IQ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read a story of a hunter taking a big boss gobbler and two satelite gobblers immediately started spurring the dead boss while he was down, instead of getting out of dodge as would have been smart.

Not to get off subject but I had a buck deer do that too one I just put on the ground, guess he trying too tell his buddy we best get out of here.

I've shot hogs, Turkey and deer and had it's companion attack it. I think they sense a change in pecking order and want get in the first shot, so to speak.

Years ago it came a bad freeze with drizzling sleet most of the night. My dad and I went deer hunting the next morning. He posted me and went to his stand. He came back and said you gotta see this.

About a dozen turkeys were frozen to a tree, about 10 feet off the ground. Most were frozen to the trunk, some frozen to the bird next to them. They were covered in sleet. I suggested Turkey for lunch but dad reminded me I'd have to climb the tree to get it.

We returned to hunting and a couple hours later heard a huge commotion of birds breaking free and flying off, making the strangest noises i've ever heard from a Turkey.

I find turkeys to be very stupid birds. They are very skittish, just like a horse. That's their only saving grace. As to any form of intelligence, no they have very little.

Ive had them move around me while I repositioned myself for a shot and they never spooked. Its all in how you do it.

Camp turkey joke anyone? There was a hunter that had a bad luck turkey season one fall. Deer season came in , so hoping for better luckon deer , he went forth. Early in the morning , a nice buck came to him and everything was good. The buck was an easy shot, he dressed it , and headed for the truck. He went a little ways and out stepped a big gobbler . His flinter was still loaded and he just couldn't pass up the bird. He got close to the truck , and spotted a man in a green uniform looking at him . He carefully stuffed the dead turkey into the body cavity of the buck and headed for the uniform by his vehicle. The law man checked his tag in the deer's ear and helped him load the deer into the truck. As the warden turned to leave , he noticed a turkey's foot protruding from the bucks body cavity, turned back and looked at the concealed bird, then at our hunter. The hunter now searching for an answer for the lawman , that just inquired about the illegally hidden bird in the deer's gut , the hunter said " Officer ,if i wouldn't have killed that buck , he would have eaten the whole flock of turkeys."

I know it was said somewhat in gist but talking about politics is not allowed in the non-paying areas of the forum.

Let's please save the political comments for the American Politics section of the forum.

Back