• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkey Hunting Week Day 2 Afternoon … a surprise...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A neighbor called the rancher and said there are 4 good sized gobblers coming into her back pasture between 4 and 5PM every day. She invites me to give it a try. It is only noon, so I figure I will go trekking with the .32 rifle again for scouting on the second property. The rain stopped and it is getting warm with a stiff breeze of hot air. There was no game moving around this afternoon that I could find. Nearing 3PM I had to get back to the truck so I could make it to the neighbors property by 4PM for the gobblers she has been seeing to potentially arrive. I I saw something out of place and moved towards it. Around 50-yards out I recognized a feral hog rooting up some short green thick chutes. I eased in using the wind and sparse cover to conceal me. When I knew I was within 35-yards and took a kneeling position and put the sights just below the ear. I normally would not seek a hog with a .32 rifle but the circumstances were right. The hog was around 80-pounds, the rifle is really accurate and I was very close. I felt really confident this would work. I took my time to get it just right. At the shot the pig dropped instantly and began kicking violently and rotating in a circle. This lasted just a few seconds and then it was still. A nice bonus for the trek! The hard part was dragging this porker on the lanyard back to the truck.....I set up the camera for a quick DIY shot....

Boar-1-2.jpg

I barely made it to the neighbors property and at 3:44PM I was set-up. I clucked, cackled, purred and whined on and off until 6PM. A whitetail deer came in to look around and wandered off. An armadillo was also curious and scurried past. Some mourning doves landed right nearby. A hawk patrolled the field. All got very quiet and still. Cows "moo-ed" in the distance. My legs got sore and my hips were stuck from sitting on the ground. Just before dark I packed it up and called it a day. I will try again tomorrow.....

Latest posts

Back