• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TRUE STORY Cannon Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullmoose

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, this really happen 15 years ago in CoppersCove Texas, a friend of mine was trying out their 6 pounder full scale cannon with dummy cement shots, well they had no idea the strenght of the shot and how far it would go. When they shot'er they never saw the impack down range and wondered were the load went. The cannon was in a field just outside of town and they had the cannon pointed towards town. They noticed that the gun was elevated just a little to high and they began to try to find the projectile. As they drove towards town they noticed a large hole in the side wall of this black church. They found the cement shot alright. It went through the wall of the church and slid down the floor and ending at the pulpit. It torn up a couple of chairs and the altar. No one was there in the church and repairs and replacements were made with no fuss. That same man is now a NRA instructor and tells this story often about the dangers of wild shots. IT COULD HAPPEN and IT DID

No one was there in the church and repairs and replacements were made with no fuss.

Sounds like they snuck off with their can and then made an anonymous donation :grin:

TRUE STORY!! NO BS!! When he was a young teen my Dads younger brother (gone on to eternal rest now and a fine fella he was) got a couple of gum rubber innertubes and using the 'Y' of a proper-sized laurel bush made the biggest sling-shot in the USA where upon he launched a round creek-rock at a black section on the edge of town from the hilltop where said sling-shot was emplaced. the one and only shot he let fly snashed into - what else but an outhouse with a wash-tub hanging on the back, a convenient aiming point! Unfortunately occupied at the time by a poor soul of a 75 year-old black lady who vacated the premises whilst squalling at the top of her lungs!! My uncle was administered a healthy dose of 'correction' by hickory of course, for in them days the Bible verse "spare the rod, etc." was firmy adhered to!! But we are getting into 'in-line' arms here and I must close! :bull:

Latest posts

Back