• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trouble seeing sights in the woods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sight for sore, well mature eyes.....

724-E5-EE2-665-B-4-E2-E-9593-FBF8746-ED66-D.png

ALOT of things can go wrong with your eyes, especially as we age.
Cataracts, macular degeneration, a "roughening" of the retina that means even lense replacement surgery will not get you sharp vision (fortunately not in my aiming eye :), and then there is an inner lining kind of like very thin saranwrap that can peel off and leave little black specks floating around in your vision...
Mine started out in my peripheral vision like a flock of blackbirds and have decreased with time to a swarm of gnats.
I prefer iron sights to scopes, but my iron-sighted cart. Guns have Hi Viz green front beads, incl. my HW35 pellet rifle.
My 24 ga flinter has a flat-faced silver front sight and a generously notched open rear sight mounted just behind the "wedding ring" of my oct-to-round barrel, and extremely low-mounted sights.
The rear sight means I cannot compete "for record" or prizes in a trade gun match anymore. Big deal! (Where are the rule book nazis when I have to bone a deer out in the woods since I can't even drag one more than a few feet, much less make it into a deer pack and carry it out.)

Shooting at & hitting a mark is fun, and killing your own meat mercifully & cleanly with a well-placed shot is one of several reasons to go on living.
I hunt closer, now, but I'll use whatever sights I need to to continue to "make meat" mercifully & cleanly.
Dave, aka "The Curmudgeon"

My brand new 32 Crockett is at the gunsmith having that type of sight installed. Still another week to wait but I’ve made some dandy targets in the meantime.

Attachments

• CC07FCDA-7DB8-4429-A8AA-5F5169F27745.jpeg
    CC07FCDA-7DB8-4429-A8AA-5F5169F27745.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 57
Back