• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out exceptionally well.

Shows you don't need to shell out a ton of cash for a respectable and reliable game getter.

I've never owned a half stock rifle.

That may have to change in the next few months.
I like the look of a fullstock, but I'd rather use a half stock that I can pull the barrel out of. I'm not graceful, and all that long wood at the far end seems so fragile. My half-stock Traditions 24" bbl won at the 25 yard line a few months ago, despite my shooting.

Are you saying your aging eyes can see the iron sights on a custom rifle as well as your younger eyes could see the iron sights on a Traditions rifle?

Are you saying more expensive America made guns provide a better iron sight picture than cheap Spanish made guns?
I'm saying I put more money into a Lee Shaver sight than I spent on my first 3 NIB front-stuffers.

I learned more with those, and had more fun with them than learning how to Adult. Y'know, taxes, divorce, credit scores, showing up for work... **** that those with custom guns have under their belts and are trying to puke up.

I have noticed a tendency on these boards... How to phrase it diplomatically?
Like there might be more powder burned through the mouth than the muzzle. I see no reason to look down on a man because his budget is shorter than mine. All that means is his priorities are different.

So, I have a flinter that has cost me thousands, and will probably cost maybe another K before I quit fiddling with it. But I drive a 1999 Ford. Can I say Ford here? Why should my autism be used as a cudgel on the Trad owner? Or vicey-versey?

I'm saying I put more money into a Lee Shaver sight than I spent on my first 3 NIB front-stuffers.

I learned more with those, and had more fun with them than learning how to Adult. Y'know, taxes, divorce, credit scores, showing up for work... Cranberries that those with custom guns have under their belts and are trying to puke up.

I have noticed a tendency on these boards... How to phrase it diplomatically?
Like there might be more powder burned through the mouth than the muzzle. I see no reason to look down on a man because his budget is shorter than mine. All that means is his priorities are different.

So, I have a flinter that has cost me thousands, and will probably cost maybe another K before I quit fiddling with it. But I drive a 1999 Ford. Can I say Ford here? Why should my autism be used as a cudgel on the Trad owner? Or vicey-versey?
So who's cudgeling Traditions owners?

Are cva tradition and thompson center good enough to hunt and enjoy muzzleloader activities 🤔? I see above they can shoot but are they cool enough. How about shooting pyrodex with a cva bobcat . I killed half a dozen with one no problems. Was a 25 dollar investment shot it until I ran out of the included Pyro and maxi hunters

Are cva tradition and thompson center good enough to hunt and enjoy muzzleloader activities 🤔? I see above they can shoot but are they cool enough. How about shooting pyrodex with a cva bobcat . I killed half a dozen with one no problems. Was a 25 dollar investment shot it until I ran out of the included Pyro and maxi hunters
My first deer was with a bobcat. Deer wasn't offended at all that he was shot with a $79 rifle.

Depends on the person & what they want or like or can afford. I have 3 T/C models, i also have one Traditions model. I have never owned a CVA.

You should buy, own and shoot anything you want to. Your choices don't have to be mine and my choices don't have to be yours.

We all started somewhere. Some had mentors who helped them pick a gun, was given a gun, taught em, helped em. Others before the internet heard about bp guns, maybe from the hunting regs, had no mentors, no guidance but found a gun in a store. Bought it, built it, shot it, loved it, kept it for the memories. We have all matured, learned and even some have bigger budgets. Some got rid of their first muzzleloaders, others have kept them for many reasons. I have mine and because I built it, someone after me will have to get rid of it. It is not pretty, i know I cannot build a rifle but I did this one.

Last edited:
BC07F9CF-DA4F-4904-92C1-36E7FF54F1F6.jpeg
Do I like Traditions? Yes. I also like Chambers, Thompson Center, CVA, Jukar, Pietta, Loyalist Arms, Kibler, Miller, Lambert, Brooks, Soddy Daisy,,,and ,,,well I think you get the picture. Do I own all of those? Not yet 😄

Back