• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Betcha more game has been killed with $500 guns than with $3,000 guns. BTW, I have both and usually used my CVA Mountain rifle for deer. Dale
There's a famous line from an old zombie movie that goes like this....."The only man that could miss with this is the man who could afford to buy it".

Said by a guy fondling an expensive rifle in a sporting goods store.

Last edited:
Wow some of youse guys talk like you're actually proud to be a curmudgeon.....
Curmudgeonism takes dedication.

And it generally comes from acquiring a lifetime of experience that very few have and very few want to listen to.

A complete and total Newb will argue with a Curmudgeon even though the Newb has no clue what they're talking about.

A Newb will ask a Curmudgeon for advice then reject the advice.

Bewildering as all get out.

I like my traditions rifles. Accurate and I learned on them. I have kentucky kit I built a traditions kentucky pistol I built and a traditions Shenandoah in .36. All accurate and I enjoy shooting them. Those being critical get off your high horses. Burning holy black is all that matters not what you are shooting. To the op. Enjoy it it's fun.

I started out with a trash bag of parts, a stock, abarrel and that was all for a TC Hawkin. I had to scrounge different stores to find a lock and other parts.
I took it to my first ever shoot. I hit the 50 yard target, and all of the gongs. The bore is true. I guess the rest is blind luck. alike I said before shoot what you have and work your way up if you want to. Any day that you can burn powder is a good day. Hornbender.

Thank you! Sometimes I feel like I'm loosing my mind here.
losing ones mind is almost mandatory on most threads here.
the opinion of many on these forums i consider piles of fecal matter, but i will fight to the death for the right of those that have those opinions.
never had a Traditions anything. Started muzzleloading with a CVA mountain rifle.
now i could have anything i really wanted and have most of those.
that said, just for S&G's i am tempted to buy the blunderbuss in the adds.

losing ones mind is almost mandatory on most threads here.
the opinion of many on these forums i consider piles of fecal matter, but i will fight to the death for the right of those that have those opinions.
never had a Traditions anything. Started muzzleloading with a CVA mountain rifle.
now i could have anything i really wanted and have most of those.
that said, just for S&G's i am tempted to buy the blunderbuss in the adds.
You do realize that depending on the Tradition's model in question, IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS A CVA. The Jukar/Dikar/Ardessa plants may all be different BUT they make roughly the same guns (or did) depending on era.

Betcha more game has been killed with $500 guns than with $3,000 guns. BTW, I have both and usually used my CVA Mountain rifle for deer. Dale
I won't take that bet with odds.
I don't hunt no more, but if'n I was a few years younger, D'you 'spose I'm gonna drag my custom Bucket List through the brush, or one 'em other ones?
I 'spect that's why.

When my budget was Traditions, my eye was sharp.
Now my budget is Custom, because I need all the help I can get.

How 'bout that?
Are you saying your aging eyes can see the iron sights on a custom rifle as well as your younger eyes could see the iron sights on a Traditions rifle?

Are you saying more expensive America made guns provide a better iron sight picture than cheap Spanish made guns?

Are you saying your aging eyes can see the iron sights on a custom rifle as well as your younger eyes could see the iron sights on a Traditions rifle?

Are you saying more expensive America made guns provide a better iron sight picture than cheap Spanish made guns?
Scopes are good right? They are the only thing i can see these days.

Back