• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Crockett ramrod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwojack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone bought the pre-made brass ramrod made especially for the Traditons Crockett from The Log Cabin Shop? I was wondering if it will fit the ramrod thimble in the stock of the rifle. I bought a 5/16 synthetic ramrod and cut it to length, but it is such a tight fit I can barely get it out of the stock thimble. I have the original wooden ramrod, but it is not adequate.

I had RMC Sports make me 2 solid brass ramrods for Crocket rifles and they fit the thimbles fine. Add a bit of weight, but you can load with no short starter and they won't break.

Hey Mike, :hatsoff:
I bought one of Log Cabin's brass rods for my wifes Crockett back in the spring. Once the end of the rod goes into the wood of the stock it is really tight. But it goes down the barrel smooth as silk. The wood ramrod that came with it fits loose in the thimbles, but is tight in the barrel - if I don't make sure that my wife lubes it up good, I've had to use pliers to pull it out after loading sometimes. The wood rod has a little warp, so sticking makes sense, but the brass is dead straight - Go figure. I've thought about drilling it out some more, but since we use it for more of an emergency rod I haven't yet. I think a lot of our guns are like fingerprints-everyone of them has their own little quirks.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:
grumpy bear

The two ramrods you had RMC Sports make, were they brass rods or the synthetic rods? Once you ordered them how long before they arrived?

Another Orygonian, howdy. They were solid brass. They will make them for about anything and thread the ends 10x32 or 8x32 or one of each. They also have the knuled end on one end. Really don't remember exactly how long it took, but is must not have been too long because i'm not known for my patience when waiting for something. And i don't recall going crazy waiting. :grin:

Sounds like I need to give RMC Sports a call. By the way, I'm south of you in Jackson County. :grin:

Interesting discussion. My Crockett came with an aluminum rod, anodized to about the color of a coppertone refrigerator but a little lighter. You're right, it looks like death warmed over, but it's never been a problem to seat.

Wonder why some Crockett rifles came with wooden ramrods and some aluminum. The wooden one I have works, but there is no threads to attach any jags, etc. I see 1/4 inch diameter ramrods are available, but that may be too small to stay in the thimbles. :hmm:

Latest posts

Back