• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tradition rifle kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you specifically looking for a kit by Traditions? If not, most people here, including myself, will recommend getting a kit from Jim Kibler for your first kit build. It will be more expensive than a Traditions kit, but it is well worth the extra money.

Thanks, no I'm not looking for a kit by Traditions only, just don't want to get in over my head. I will look at a Jim Kibler kit, thank you for your input.
Kibler's kits are very user friendly to assemble and he has great videos on youtube explaining basically every step in the process.

Are you specifically looking for a kit by Traditions? If not, most people here, including myself, will recommend getting a kit from Jim Kibler for your first kit build. It will be more expensive than a Traditions kit, but it is well worth the extra money.
Not by much with his clearance $750.00 and $850.00 kits. Plus, lock of course. Semper Fi.

I'm looking for flintlock 54 caliber rifle kit, this will be the first time build, any suggestions for a kit?
My first ml build was a traditions Kentucky kit, it is good and a reliable rifle. I will not say it is the best and they have some issues, but they are ok. The issues I had were, I don't like the two piece stock, and they made my front stock piece an eighth of an inch too short, I used it for about 10 years before I decided to refinish it. When I refinished it I made a new brass piece to splice the stock out of thicker material and it looks great. As far as accuracy, I can hit a ground squirrel at 100 yds. That's good enough for me.
IMG_20231005_083049.jpg
IMG_20231005_083120.jpg
IMG_20231005_083228.jpg
IMG_20231005_064842.jpg

My first ml build was a traditions Kentucky kit, it is good and a reliable rifle. I will not say it is the best and they have some issues, but they are ok. The issues I had were, I don't like the two piece stock, and they made my front stock piece an eighth of an inch too short, I used it for about 10 years before I decided to refinish it. When I refinished it I made a new brass piece to splice the stock out of thicker material and it looks great. As far as accuracy, I can hit a ground squirrel at 100 yds. That's good enough for me.View attachment 277112View attachment 277113View attachment 277114View attachment 277115
Nice looking rifle!

Latest posts

Back