• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track of the Wolf tents

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody have one of these? I'm looking at the British Infantryman's bellback. With the cheaper canvas and a sod cloth it's only $200 delivered to my door...

It will be a general use tent for 'vous and stuff for a couple years. I don't think I want to pay for super flame/water repellent canvas, as I've been borrowing an OLD probably untreated canvas tent for the last few years and like it just fine.

I'll take care of it and am open to repairing/cleaning it. Just want something I can use this year and this fits in my budget. I'll be making my own spikes and poles. Heck, I could treat it with deck sealer if I really wanted to, right?

Any thoughts? Why spring for the more expensive tents from Tentsmith, Panther Primitive, etc.?

Thanks!

You can look at Fall Creek suttlery, they have wedge tents starting at around $150.00, don't know what shipping is but I've heard good things about them......although I don't have one.........

Track buy's from RK Lodges.
http://www.rklodges.com/Lodges/A-frame/british.html

Why not simply cut out the middle man. I have several RK products and can't be happier. That way you can have the lifetime warrenty direct from RK.
There is a thread on this forum about RK just down the page a bit.
I guess I've gotten most all my tentage with the Sunforger canvis just because many old time vous'ers recommended I do so,,ya know,sage advise.
They don't try to recomend a tent for you,,after all your the customer,,they will make what you want.
That's a small tent your looking at,,but if you know that size and it works for ya,, go for it :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, Fall Creek does seem to have a better value. Bigger tent, with sunforger, for the same price.

Part of my plan is to have this also fit with my F&I 77th regiment kit I'm building, and PC tents are supposed to be 6x6x8 (from "A Soldier Like Way") so that's the reason for the small tent.

What tent do the others in the 77th have? That might also be a start.

Will you be going places where there is a requirement for flame retardant fabrics?

If you want to apply a water proofing, then get the watrer proofing frin a tent and awning place. Some of the deck sealers will ruin the tent canvas.

Grenadier1758 said:
What tent do the others in the 77th have? That might also be a start.

Will you be going places where there is a requirement for flame retardant fabrics?

If you want to apply a water proofing, then get the watrer proofing frin a tent and awning place. Some of the deck sealers will ruin the tent canvas.

Well, the trick is that we're a new unit and so I'd be the first one buying military tent. So far we've been doing local 'vous and the standard wedge tents are what we've used. If I'm gonna buy a tent, I just figure it should be as PC as possible.

I have had one for over ten years, it does not get a lot of use but it is well made and a quality product, I know others who use their pretty often and have no complaints. Going to the source is a good option, saving money is very PC.

i bought a fall creek tent this year and love it. its a wedge for the price you cant beat them..

"tg,

you mean the Track tent?"

Yes,that is where mine came from but someone mentioned you can get them directfrom the makers and maybe save some $$

I have the very same tent from Track. Bought it about 4 years ago and use once-twice a year. It is a nice little tent for the money. Little being the operative word. I suppose a British infantryman took what he was issued but I'd opt for a little more space if I was you. They set up easy and all but you'll pretty much end up having to move anything inside to get at something else.
Been my experience anyway.

crooked eye said:
I have the very same tent from Track. Bought it about 4 years ago and use once-twice a year. It is a nice little tent for the money. Little being the operative word. I suppose a British infantryman took what he was issued but I'd opt for a little more space if I was you. They set up easy and all but you'll pretty much end up having to move anything inside to get at something else.
Been my experience anyway.

Thanks. I've been thinking about that. Supposedly, the English crammed 6-8 guys in these tents! If I read right, they were all barely over 5 feet tall, though, so they slept in their kit, side by side from front to back.

Maybe we can make allowances for being almost a foot taller than the tallest Highlander!? :confused:

I looked at Track's then got mine from RK Lodges, I got the bigger bell back, Made my own poles. I've had it for almost 3 years & use it about 4 or 5 times a year. I highly recommend it. I got the boat shrunk, water repellent , go with the better grade , you will save money in the long run. mine still looks new.I would not take my money back for it.

Back