• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tower Enfield ID

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Chua

32 Cal
Reaction score
Howdy all,
Originally posted on ALR and pulled because….. it’s AMERICAN RIFLES DUMMY! Some days I have no brain! Anyway this is at a local shop. I don’t know much about these at all so wondered if I could get some help. I think it was a 3 band Enfield that was sporterized. Is it worth offering some price on it and putting into the proper stock and hardware? This price was a flyer on their part. I know he’s motivated to move it but I would pay him a fair price (I know the kid).
Doc van Phil

Attachments

• IMG_3780.jpeg
    IMG_3780.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3781.jpeg
    IMG_3781.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3782.jpeg
    IMG_3782.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3783.jpeg
    IMG_3783.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3784.jpeg
    IMG_3784.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3787.jpeg
    IMG_3787.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3788.jpeg
    IMG_3788.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I have no idea what that is. It has a typical BSAT Enfield lockplate, the hammer is not correct, the barrel is a Springfield M1861 or M1863 barrel, the rest of the furniture is civilian I think. I wouldn't buy it. You can't restore it to its Civil War appearance because it from several different types of guns. Maybe a Bannerman's parts gun sold as hunting gun.

Last edited:
Well its a' Bitsa 'got up of parts the lock seams to be Enfield so stock ok the barrel some how got replaced . collector wise is parts , but if it shoots ok it will serve as a shooter . Lots of luck.
Rudyard

If it's shootable, and that's what you want it for, $150 is a good offer.

If you want a historical piece, don't buy it. The lock plate is worth a few bucks, but otherwise almost nothing.

If it's shootable, and that's what you want it for, $150 is a good offer.

If you want a historical piece, don't buy it. The lock plate is worth a few bucks, but otherwise almost nothing.
Appreciate the info. I’ll let him sell it to someone else. He will prob find someone to give him a bit more for it. I’ve seen ragged inline bring $150 here/

Back