• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tools com'en

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aloyalistdawg

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello Guys :thumbsup:
Wow I put the word out I was going to start building muzzle loader kits again. I just have been given a jointer, a band saw, from one of my buds, another gave me a scrowl saw, a belt and disk combo sanding table setup,and now I have a lathe coming... wow all in a day talk about a couple of good scores eh? now my shop is being delivered next week... awesome... so what else should I pick up? any suggestions?
My best regards a loyalist Dawg :hatsoff:

Hey, I need some "stuff" too....seriously, you should have a drill press and a good swivel wood working vice....

bouncer :thumbsup:

Well, if you're talking power tools, everyone needs a bench grinder. Also, those drill sharpeners you see on t.v. would come in handy. I don't know how good those really are, but we have the industrial version at work, made by the same company, and they are fantastic. Bill

I usually scratch build and some are amazed at the few machine power tools in my work room. A bandsaw, floor mounted drill press, bench grinder and a 12" disc sander suffice quite well. A Dremel and 12V cordless hand drill are the only modern hand tools used. Have never felt the need for anything more. A good solid bench, a versatile, sturdy vise w/ outboard supports and many, many chisels, files, rasps and planes do the job. Whatever tools get the job done is the way to go, but haven't needed anymore than stated.....Fred

Same here! I use more hand tools than I thought I would. After 8 gun builds now I have no real use for all the power tools. Although I would not be without my DeWalt 5" palm sander.

Still not a bad deal to have the other stuff around to use on other jobs like cannon carriages.

Craig

Hey Guys
yea I have a drill press, and sanders level and disk coming. I also scored a lathe actually. I have a router table as well... a dremel tool also... I really would like to score a milling machine... hey anyone have one I could come a pick up? all donations will be appreciated..
my best regards
aloyalist Dawg :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Don't forget forging euqipment or at least a torch for forming brass into rod pipes, muzzle caps and soldering.

Hey Dawg .. u can send that Joiner & Lathe down my way iffin ya want to! :hatsoff:

Davy

Back