• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tips, cap making

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Started playing with cap making yesterday.
The instructions says us
E the small dipper 1/3 full. I ordered 4 extra dippers so I experimented with this one. Couple pics 1st shows the shape of dippers second shows how far 1/3 is on small dipper. I cut it down with small hacksaw blade. See it looks like middle of the handle is where to cut. Seems to dip level is about right.Use those look in your ears funnels from Dr. Office to dump into caps.

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_110210.jpg
    IMG_20230415_110210.jpg
    807.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230415_110222.jpg
    IMG_20230415_110222.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Use this little looking in the ear funnel from Dr. Office. Also another poster said a empty small rifle primer tray is good for holding the caps for charging and curing. I don't have one so I will find correct size drill bit and small wood block to make one. Hope this helps some one. Sorry one more thought. After 30 or 40 caps turn the tools base upside down and tap with nylon or wood hammer to get little shavings out. They build up in there and cuses plunger of tool to not seat down good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230415_112402_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230415_112402_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Made over 100 caps in about 15 to 20 minutes. Mixed primer for first time.And primed 15. Put the acetone and glue mixture on 15 them 1 decent drop per cap. Let them dry for about 45 minutes. They are already solid inside.
Put one on my vincent and it fit great and sounded just like a #11. That was using my cut off dipper not level just a little shy. This is pretty nice.

Last edited:
Back