• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tiny Priming Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a tiny priming horn. 3"-4" long, less the base and spout plugs. The ones offered on TOTW and others all mention 4"-6" Maybe you can recommend a Forum member who is a horn builder? Thanks.

Most people buy the smallest horn they can find, and simply cut it down if its too long.

... what Paul said... but before you cut, you can change the size and shape

additionally, remember that you can change the shape of the horn after you get it nice and hot (but not hot enough to cook the horn, which will ruin it). i use cooking oil; check out the book from Track of the Wolf - money well spent, since after you build this horn, you'll just be looking for a reason to do another one.

my next priming horn will be softened and flattened so it will fit better in my hunting pouch. (i know- that's not HC/PC, but i don't really worry too much about that.)

good luck with your project!

Stumbling Wolf does good work at a reasonable cost. He has done five horns for my family members and all are happy.

Stumblin Wolf if you can get a hold of him.

Hornset1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back