• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tick treatment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe not, but infections of other kinds can be had by leaving the head of the tick in the skin, or both Lyme and other diseases as well as secondary infections can be transmitted by squeezing the tick too hard trying to just pull it out.
This is why I like to have something I can dab on them with the end of my finger that will make them let go on their own,

Ticks and chiggers are bad here this year. The dogs bring ticks inside about every day. I like Sawyers tick and insect repellent. I treat a few pairs of outside pants, a pair of shoes and boots. Only had one on me that was biting. Chiggers on the other hand have covered my ankles and a few up my legs and sides.

They're getting a lot worse in a lot of areas and also a lot of areas that never had any ticks before

It appears cedarwood oil is the primary essential oil ingredient in Attack Tick vs more conventional essential oils in the Tick Attack.
Going back to Horace Kephart, he mentions it on page 248:

Attachments

• uiug-30112023506063-248-1717689470.pdf
    266 KB · Views: 0
A lot of insect repellent comes in small bottles and is quite expensive.
For mixing up your own insect repellent these larger 4 oz bottles of this hand sanitizer can be had for 25 to 50 cents each and can be used to carry larger amounts of insect repellent,
they should be labeled with a sharpie or something that will not wear off so you will remember what it is a few days after you've mixed it up and put it in your possibles.
IMG_20240606_211529.jpg

Back