• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Threaded fitting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there such a thing,at hardware or auto parts stores as a fitting that will thread into the hole for the nipple, usually 1/4 x 28, that a piece of hose will fit onto and stay on better than it will on a nipple. For cleaning full stock guns with pinned on barrels. Do I need to turn down and rethread a 1/8 pipe to hose fittings?
Or is there a hose, surgical tubing maybe, that will stay on a nipple?

Take a 14-28 screw.

Cut the head off.

Drill a hole lengthwise through the screw.

Grind down the diameter to accept any size hose you stumble across.

PS: There is no reason to flush/flood a barrel. Just swab it out and be done with it. No need to drown it. Daniel Boone didn't have access to ACE Hardware and vinyl hose from a fish tank. Or TOTW stainless steel fittings with O-Rings.

Last edited:
Would it look like this?
1689292475206.png

See others beat me to it. The things actually work.

Or is there a hose, surgical tubing maybe, that will stay on a nipple?
Your on the right track,
just take an old nipple ya got, and drill that hole out big, as big a bit you can get down that hole.
then go to the auto store and get a chunk of hose that fit's tight,, it works.
Or, but the kit they sell that does the same thing,, ;)

Latest posts

Back