• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thought I found a Roller

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was making my usual eBay sweep of M/L parts and found a complete gun up for auction, the owner had posted the lock separately to abide by the eBay ruled for a non firing gun.

The lock was going for $90 at the time, one look and I thought ROLLER, and started getting excited. The problem was the lockplate wasn't marked "Roller" on inside and the internals looked funky.

Out to the gun safe I go and retrieve my rifle with a real Roller lock. I pulled the lock for comparison, what a let down. From the outside they looked somewhat similar, the Roller lock internals looked like a fine swiss watch, the eBay lock internals looked like someone's homemade attempt to make a lock.

A little more digging and I found the eBay lock was actually either an old Dixie Manton or an L&R Dixie RPL lock that some one had put substandard replacement springs in.

If the lock had been a Roller it would have been hard for someone to outbid me at the end of the auction, these locks are are that good.

Latest posts

Back