• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center Hawken fixed rear sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkman1

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been looking for a Thompson Center Hawken fixed rear sight with no luck. Does anyone make a close copy ?
Thanks

There's an adapter that screws on in place of the sight and has a dovetail that can take your choice of sight.

As posted above, the factory replacement is #9070. They are extremely hard to find and will cost you around $60-$75. I have one unused that may get listed here next week. If you don't mind a buckhorn style, the Gun Works has one for $30. It is drilled for the TC's, but you have to finish it.

Hi all,
I have been looking for a Thompson Center Hawken fixed rear sight with no luck. Does anyone make a close copy ?
Thanks
Do you have a picture of what you are looking for? I have a fixed rear sight that T/C made, but not sure if it is what you are looking for.

The Gunworks

1625422991958.png

https://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun.cfm?ProductID=906&do=detail&Cat2Option=yes

Good luck in your search.

Whatever you choose understand and lower rear sight will make the rifle bash your cheek even worse. A fixed rear sight that is as high as the original looks goofie. I saw one on a Senica recently, it looked odd from across the room. Modifying the stock will be needed to make a lower sight work well. Consider that the TC looks nothing like an original rifle. Adding a traditional rear sight will not help that. The original sight is pretty good from a functional point of view.

Here is the one I have. My pictures are not great but hopefully you will see if this is what you are looking for. If so, PM me regarding sale.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 49
I took a sight similar to this one, ground off the dovetail so it was flush, then drilled it to fit T/C barrel. Removed the adjustment screw and plugged it as there was enough height with a little filing on the front sight to get it on paper. The club where I was interested in shooting was willing to accept it as non adjustable.

https://www.logcabinshop.com/catalog.php?path=183_165_46&product_id=25596

I have one of the folding rear leaf sights from Track, sort of an English express or sporting sight. I think with a dovetail through the rear screw hole the forward decorative tail will cover the front hole on the Renegade.

I already lowered the comb a little, shouldnt be a problem to lower it a little more for the lower line of sight. I may do a silver blade for the front.

Believe this what OP may be looking for. Sold off the few I had years ago. Primitive by definition, but looked too modern in my opinion. Believe one of my nephews has one of these mounted on a rifle I gifted him years ago. Guess they have become pretty rare over the years. Not sure the 9070 part number previously listed is correct, though it could be. May make a difference as OP does searches on the internet. Didn’t check all my old catalogs.
1625459993333.jpeg

Last edited:
Believe this what OP may be looking for. Sold off the few I had years ago. Primitive by definition, but looked too modern in my opinion. Believe one of my nephews has one of these mounted on a rifle I gifted him years ago. Guess they have become pretty rare over the years. Not sure the 9070 part number previously listed is correct, though it could be. May make a difference as OP does searches on the internet. Didn’t check all my old catalogs.
View attachment 83655
This is the one I have pictured in my earlier post #9.

here is my solution. It is on a Cabela's instead of a T.C. but the principle is the same. It uses the mounting screw holes and moves the sight further out for older eyes.

Attachments

• buck horn site.jpg
    buck horn site.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 52
Back