• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

THOMPSON CENTER HAWKEN COUGAR RAM ROD

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManofSteele

32 Cal
Reaction score
Looking for a ramrod for my hawken cougar. Anyone know where I can find one? And is it the same specs as the lower end model in regards to ram rod size?

Looking for a ramrod for my hawken cougar. Anyone know where I can find one? And is it the same specs as the lower end model in regards to ram rod size?
Any T/C hawken ramrod will fit, but it won’t be stainless.

Track of the Wolf has ramrods for TC Hawkens in stock in either delrin or hickory.

Call Track of the Wolf and ask for a custom ramrod. They have nickel silver Thompson Center style tips that they can put on a ramrod. That is as close as you will get to a Cougar ramrod, unless you can find a factory original somewhere. A Thompson Center Cougar ramrod is not a regular stock item at Track, so you will have to ask for them to make one for you. RAMROD-285-TC-H is the standard brass ramrod for the Thompson Center Hawken, ask for that, but have them switch the brass tips for the nickel silver Thompson Center tips. That is for a hickory ramrod, if you want a Delrin one, delete the H and ask for RAMROD-285-TC. They made one for me this past summer and it looks great!

Latest posts

Back