• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Thompson Center .54 Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stony Broke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Another gun from an estate. This rifle shows some evidence of use along the way, but appears to be in good all around shooting condition and would make someone a very good hunting rifle. 225.00 + 35.00 shipping
F5ZtCDSl.jpg

fbd40KYl.jpg

It looks just fine. The whole rifle appears to have been well used, but the bore seems to have been taken care of and the rest of the rifle is in good serviceable condition. I wouldn't hesitate to make a good hunting rifle out of it, if I didn't already have plenty of them.

I just tried about 20 times to get a photo of the bore, but I don't have a light to make it happen. I tried a .40 cal nickel case in the bore with a flashlight, and it is shiny all the way down....but unfortunately I cannot get it to all work right for a picture. The bore is certainly usable...
5k2Dl7wl.jpg

Wish I could have furnished you with better pic's of the bore, but I just don't have the means. I guess some day I need to pick up some type of bore light to do such things !

I use a night fishing bobber battery/light combo to light up my barrels. I get them at wally world. They are about the diameter if a pencil lead and maybe an inch and a half long. You pull the light up to turn on. I take them to gun shows. Good luck on the Renegade.

Thanks a lot for the info...I'll check out the fishing stuff next time there..

I just drop a shinny iron nail down the bore [point first] and then shine a light down the bore. Now before you do this, make sure the nail head is smaller than the bore. :doh:

Cobra 6

I don't have any problems looking down the bores with a flashlight, it is just a problem taking a pic down the bore at the same time. I'll get a light one of these days...but I don't sell many guns anyway. The ones I have listed were all part of an estate, and I haven't fired any of them.

Old Bloke

Yup....did that many years ago. Got one of those shinny roofing nails caught down the barrel of my 50 Cal Hawken. My shooting buddy convinced me not to shoot it out by pouring powder into the nipple portal. He was afraid that the nail might scratch the rifling. Anyway, we found a [thin walled] hollow copper tube that just fit the barrel and drove it carefully down around the head of the nail. We then grabbed the tube with vice grips and back tapped the copper tube out. The nail was captured inside the very end of the copper tube. I think I was lucky on that one.

Cobra 6

Cobra 6, I bet that was scary. Glad you got the nail out. I would have never thought of that solution. Another item to file in my over crowded brain. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back